Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Rokinon 24mm TS for Pentax

I was cruising through K-mount lenses on Adorama and B&H lately (probably like everyone else).

There are some nice deals on various lenses that are too similar to what I have - so I'm passing on all of them.

However, B&H is now listing the Rokinon 24mm TS for $999.99, though there's no expected date at the moment.

This is a specialized lens that allows correcting perspective distortion such as converging sides of buildings, and manipulate depth of focus.

Hartblei makes similar lens (I've only seen the longer focal lengths listed) that sell for about the same, but the 24mm seems more useful.

Anyway, I signed up for in-stock notification.

12-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazon currently has 6 in stock and available for $1300 - just in time for the holidays!
12-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Is it really finally out for Pentax, or is that just a typo on Amazon?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is it really finally out for Pentax, or is that just a typo on Amazon?
Shows "EOS" near the distance scale. I'm more inclined to believe B&H, and for $300 less, I can wait :-)

12-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Shows "EOS" near the distance scale. I'm more inclined to believe B&H, and for $300 less, I can wait :-)
I thought I read somewhere that they decided not to make it for Pentax (since we have no FF). Maybe that's changed, though- not sure!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Ive seen this lens advertised for Pentax on a number of online stores, but I guess nobody is actually buying it, otherwise we would have known if it exists or not
I have seen the version for Canon in a store, though. Looks pretty interesting. Would be great if someone went to the source and asked Samyang if this is even being produced or not.
Some said that it won't be made because Pentax has no FF, some said it won't be made because the little ridge under the onboard flash sticks out too much for the shift (this was specifically said about the K-30, which was the latest Pentax camera when the 24mm T/S was announced, since then we have seen the K-50 and K-3, so I'm not sure this is a valid argument).

The more realistic reason I see is that there isn't enough demand for it to justify production. The T/S lenses are quite hard to use and very specialized, so I assume people who wanted one would just buy a system that already has these lenses available. Its not exactly a lens that you just snap up spontaneously.