Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #1

HELP, please. Sigma 50mm 1:1 Macro

Hi there, while I was removing the Ricoh pin from my Sigma 50mm 1:1 macro, I managed to dislodge a couple miniature springs. Foolishly, I didn't take pictures of the bottom of the lens before beginning surgery, could someone please take pictures of the back of their lens and upload them, preferably with the mount removed so I can see the spring locations?? I want to get this back together properly...

12-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #2

Original Poster
Is this better for the tech forum?
12-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is it this one?

Sigma 50mm F2.8 Macro Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

I suppose not helpful to say my pin is fine. I can help but maybe not until Wednesday.
12-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Is it this one?

Sigma 50mm F2.8 Macro Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

I suppose not helpful to say my pin is fine. I can help but maybe not until Wednesday.
That's the one. I am not in a hurry, thanks for the help!

12-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Yes, there was no reason to fuss with that mount in the first place -- another case of Ricoh pin paranoia (it isn't a problem unless it is actually a *pin*, those old Sigma and Vivitar 'A' lenses that have a "Ricoh button" were designed to go on Pentax cameras just fine and they do).

Anyway, as for the little springs, they would go under the Ricoh button (if you want to put it back the way it was) and the other contacts on the mount -- it should be fairly obvious. Sometimes the A button is a little different so it will retract when the mount is taken off the A setting. Usually the thing that goes wrong is the aperture ring comes off and the little ball bearing for the aperture goes missing, it is a good idea to tape the ring to the body when removing the mount.
12-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Yes, there was no reason to fuss with that mount in the first place -- another case of Ricoh pin paranoia (it isn't a problem unless it is actually a *pin*, those old Sigma and Vivitar 'A' lenses that have a "Ricoh button" were designed to go on Pentax cameras just fine and they do).

Anyway, as for the little springs, they would go under the Ricoh button (if you want to put it back the way it was) and the other contacts on the mount -- it should be fairly obvious. Sometimes the A button is a little different so it will retract when the mount is taken off the A setting. Usually the thing that goes wrong is the aperture ring comes off and the little ball bearing for the aperture goes missing, it is a good idea to tape the ring to the body when removing the mount.
Yeah, I should have just drilled it out with my dremel. I didn't know there was a ball bearing, I may have made a serious mistake, here...
12-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
Yeah, I should have just drilled it out with my dremel. I didn't know there was a ball bearing, I may have made a serious mistake, here...
You didn't need to do anything at all. That lens would have worked fine as-is.
12-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
You didn't need to do anything at all. That lens would have worked fine as-is.
Yes, I got that, thanks.

12-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's not obvious here but there's a nylon insulator on the left, two metal plugs, the Pentax A pin, a gap, another nylon plug, a mount screw and the slot for the locking pin.

The Ricoh pin is right in front of the flash reflection.

The pin you need is the one on the right. Although there are a lot of connections and tabs and springs here, all you need is a spring loaded pin there, connected electrically to the mount. Then the lens tells the camera it is an A lens and the pattern of insulators say it opens to f2.8.