Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Pentax Reflex Zoom - front element delamination - really a problem?

I just sold on Ebay a 400-600 Reflex zoom. The buyer points out that the front element appears to be delaminating. There is clearly something going on around the edges of the front. You can see this in the attached image. He and I are trying to decide whether to cancel the auction over this.

I have had the lens for several years, and just do not remember whether it was that way when I bought it, or if this is a recent problem. The lens is some 15 years or more old.

In any case, does anybody have experience with something like this? At the moment, it has little if any effect on images, but will it get worse, and at what rate?

Thanks for any info.

Attached Images

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
delamination, element, front, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, pentax reflex, reflex, reflex zoom, reflex zoom front, slr lens