Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New Pentax Book?

Somewhere on this forum, or some other Pentax dedicated forum, I saw a new book out on something like, everything you wanted to know about Pentax SLRs or lenses, or some sort of compendium on Pentax lenses. Now I can't recall what the actual name was or where I saw it but it seemed like it was a new book, or fairly new, anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.

Don (DS Gaijin)

01-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know about a book, but this is a pretty good site to check out:
Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Equipment Page
Pretty much all you would ever need to know except maybe the newest info on what is still in production etc.

NaCl(from the looks of the lack of stock around the world, there's not much in production)H2O
01-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Some older books

Don,

Not sure which book you saw but one example of a currently available historic compendium is "Asahi Pentax and Pentax SLR 35mm Cameras 1952 - 1989" by Danilo Cecchi. It goes through each model produced and details the features of the camera. It has a seperate section on each type of lens group (Takumars, Auto Takumars, Super etc... through to SMC F). Obviously not new and I don't think it has been brought up to date. The last cameras mentoned are the SF series auto focus machines.

An older reference is Herbert Kepler's "The Pentax Way" but it was last published in 1979 (I think). It is a great M42 mount reference.

There is also "The Ultimate Asahi Pentax Screw Mount Guide, 1952-1977" which is one that I don't have a copy of.

cheers

Greg

Last edited by wirrah; 01-21-2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
01-19-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The newest book I've seen (and own) is the Magic Lantern Guide to the K100D/K110D by Joe Farace. It's basically the camera manual rewritten in a better style, along with suggestions on how best to use some of the features. I think it costs around $20. I'd recommend it.

01-20-2007, 07:07 AM   #5
Forum Member

I have gotten the Magic lantern book also and i'm reading it now. It seems to be a great book explaining all the feature and how to get out of the P&S mode.
01-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #6

I too have the magic latern book. Should have finished reading it awhile ago. But yeah, it is pretty much the manual in a better format. I would also suggest understanding exposure by Brian Peterson if you dont already have it.