Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Well, it is huge. You'll probably want a battery grip to use it with Pentax's compact bodies. The SD1 I'm using is much bigger, so the lens still handles pretty well. It's also not completely immune to flare, but the flare resistance is better than the majority of my other lenses.

Okay, more samples, taken at the Arizona International Auto Show on Thanksgiving weekend.

28mm, f/1.8 (Nissan GT-R)

18mm, f/1.8 (Mercedes E-Class)

18mm, f/2.8 (Bentley Flying Spur)

And one from outside, at 18mm and f/1.8
I'm so curious after hearing the different evaluations of the K3 and KIIS as far as ISO and noise vs resolution, I'm thinking the "ART" Sigma lenses may clear some if not all of that up, Bob

12-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by marquis1955 Quote
Very nice have you used one on a K3 or K5 K5II or K5IIS ?
Thanks! I would if I could, but the K-mount version won't be out until early next year.

As for noise issues, the Sigma camera I'm using is far, far worse in low-light than the K-5, and from what I've seen, the K-3 is only slightly worse than the K-5 at high ISO. I wouldn't been able to do that car show with a slower lens on the SD1.
12-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Thanks! I would if I could, but the K-mount version won't be out until early next year.

As for noise issues, the Sigma camera I'm using is far, far worse in low-light than the K-5, and from what I've seen, the K-3 is only slightly worse than the K-5 at high ISO. I wouldn't been able to do that car show with a slower lens on the SD1.
scratchpaddy, thanks for all the great input and the Awesome photos, I can hardly wait to get a hold of that lens for my Pentax bodies !
12-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by marquis1955 Quote
You have some amazing work I just looked at are you using the Sigma for macro work ? I'm guessing your not how do you like the 1.4 lens ? Can you see a difference in your images with the Sigma "Art" lenses ?
Most of my macro shots are a combination of Pentax and Sigma lenses. Would love to have a Sigma Art for macro lenses, if they have that one day I will try to look for some decent photos using my 35mm and upload it later.