Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
So here are a few more used 16-45 post-malfunction inexplicable lock-up "after" samples. I just took them like only a few minutes ago. Do they seem okay to you guys? I just got home and I wanted to try a few test shots with the misbehaving lens before the brief daylight winter sun went down!

BTW a lot of people mistakenly believe my pictures indicate that presently I am wandering around the busy and glamorous Champs-Elysses. But really these shots were taken in a smallish upstate New York college town. And in the winter. Just want to clarify that.

These are unedited K-5 jpegs...

Thanks for looking!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by DavidSKAF3; 12-16-2013 at 02:48 PM.
12-16-2013, 05:44 PM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davids8560 Quote
So here are a few more used 16-45 post-malfunction inexplicable lock-up "after" samples. I just took them like only a few minutes ago. Do they seem okay to you guys? I just got home and I wanted to try a few test shots with the misbehaving lens before the brief daylight winter sun went down!

BTW a lot of people mistakenly believe my pictures indicate that presently I am wandering around the busy and glamorous Champs-Elysses. But really these shots were taken in a smallish upstate New York college town. And in the winter. Just want to clarify that.

These are unedited K-5 jpegs...

Thanks for looking!

They look fine to me... I wouldn't worry too much .
12-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I agree good price, keep lens.
Something else to add though, I always switch the camera body to manual focus before putting it away which retracts the drive coupler. Not so critical on lenses that have only internal moving parts when focusing, but most have external parts that can be easily moved and rotated in storing it or even picking it out of a bag, and I believe it protects both the lens and camera better if it isn't forcing the whole gear train to do so. Its also nice as then you can change lenses without that one extra part dragging on things if you forget to flip the switch.