Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #1

Is there a store who has the HD DA 20-40mm in stock?

I will be traveling next weekend and I need the lens before my departure, but most of the stores B&H and Adorama have the lens "Out of Stock" or "Pre-Order", any suggestion where I might be able to buy it this coming week?, when was the official release date from Pentax US?, thanks

12-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The lens arrived about two weeks ago. You might be able to get it from the Pentax web store before then, but your best bet is probably to put in an overnight pre-order with B&H.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The lens arrived about two weeks ago. You might be able to get it from the Pentax web store before then, but your best bet is probably to put in an overnight pre-order with B&H.
But all the stores including B&H it says "Pre-Order" or "Out of Stock", about 2 days ago I called B&H and Adorama and they told me the exact same thing, the lens is not in stock, I don't get it???
12-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Site Supporter

I just called Camera World in downtown Portland - they have most of the latest stuff but no 20-40. Now Santa knows where to grab an Astrotracer though!

12-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by brosen Quote
But all the stores including B&H it says "Pre-Order" or "Out of Stock", about 2 days ago I called B&H and Adorama and they told me the exact same thing, the lens is not in stock, I don't get it???
They got a shipment of 20-40mm's over a week ago but they all shipped out to customers who pre-ordered. I received my 20-40mm from B&H on Tuesday and another one from Pentax on Wednesday.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-17-2013, 04:57 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Stocking Stuffer?

B+H now lists the black 20-40 as 'in stock'.
Pentax HD Pentax DA 20-40mm f/2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR Lens 23000
Ron