Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
Glad you're in love with your camera
Well...my camera doesn't complain about things nor does it try to find flaws with me.

12-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
RKN is the brand, apparently. I think that was a kit lens/budget lens from Ricoh for their K-mount cameras.
Unlikely. I don't remember anything, even from the distant past, regarding a budget lens line from Ricoh. If they sold it, it was labeled Rikenon.

Steve
12-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just took some pictures of this lens. Here they are...hopefully.
Attached Images

12-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Unlikely. I don't remember anything, even from the distant past, regarding a budget lens line from Ricoh. If they sold it, it was labeled Rikenon.
Beats me. All the other pictures I found seemed to be with a Ricoh body...

12-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Found this: RKN MC 35 70 mm F 3 5 4 5 Lens RKN Camera Lens New | eBay which looks very similar except it seems to be a macro. But the lettering and even the silver button on the aperture ring look alike. Note that both of them say 'KR' on the aperture ring.

And here is another listing: Ricoh KR 10M 35mm Motorized Film Camera w RKN MC Auto Zoom Lens 1 3 5 4 5 70mm | eBay also the macro version this time on a Ricoh camera.
And one more: Ricoh KR 5 Super II 35mm Camera with RKN MC Auto Zoom 1 3 5 4 5 F 35 70mm Lens | eBay

So I'm thinking it was intended for a Ricoh camera but how it ended up on a K1000 is a bit of a mystery. You might use caution putting that on a modern camera until you check to see if it has a Ricoh pin. No idea if it does, but it says KR so check. Could be a third party lens for Ricoh or a Ricoh lens that was intended for a different market? Just speculating.
12-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Found this: RKN MC 35 70 mm F 3 5 4 5 Lens RKN Camera Lens New | eBay which looks very similar except it seems to be a macro. But the lettering and even the silver button on the aperture ring look alike. Note that both of them say 'KR' on the aperture ring.

And here is another listing: Ricoh KR 10M 35mm Motorized Film Camera w RKN MC Auto Zoom Lens 1 3 5 4 5 70mm | eBay also the macro version this time on a Ricoh camera.
And one more: Ricoh KR 5 Super II 35mm Camera with RKN MC Auto Zoom 1 3 5 4 5 F 35 70mm Lens | eBay

So I'm thinking it was intended for a Ricoh camera but how it ended up on a K1000 is a bit of a mystery. You might use caution putting that on a modern camera until you check to see if it has a Ricoh pin. No idea if it does, but it says KR so check. Could be a third party lens for Ricoh or a Ricoh lens that was intended for a different market? Just speculating.
Thank you for the links. I will check them out. The lens was attached to the camera when I bought it. I haven't taken it off of the camera for the simple fact that I do not have a body cap for the camera. I was trying to find some reviews for this lens but I did not have any idea who made it or anything.
12-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote

The first and third links are definitely my lens. I'm pretty certain the second link is my lens as well but you only see the lens from the end. They do not show a picture of the lens barrel itself.
12-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I found the following link for my lens. It still does not say who manufactured it or anything that I can see. The RKN MC 35-70 mm f/ 3.5-4.5 Lens. Specs. MTF Charts. User Reviews.