Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rickster Quote
Call Barry ... they have this in place.
do they have it spelled on the website ?

04-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Call Barry ... they have this in place.
I'd love to hear the details of this.
04-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
CameraLensRentals.com - Online Camera Lens Rentals for Canon Cameras

Buying/Selling

Do you buy lenses or bodies?
Yes, we buy both new and used. Email us with the details of the lens or lenses and we will get you a quote. If we do not need the lens we will give you a reply back and even see if we can match you up with someone looking for the lens or lenses you're trying to sell.

Do you sell your lenses or bodies?
Yes we sell all of our lenses and bodies in stock. We will sell our lenses and bodies for a fair market price of the same model and condition sold elsewhere.

I just rented a lens or body from you and I would like to buy it. Can I get any sort of rental credit?
You bet! Selling our lenses and bodies helps keep our inventory fresh and our lenses like new. A lot of people like to try before they buy. If you rent the lens or body and decide you like it you are more than welcome to purchase it. A percentage of the rental (to be determined) based on the length and cost of the rental will be applied. If you decide you want to purchase the lens or body just let us know and we will get you a price. If you agree to the price we will charge your credit card for the purchase amount. Once that is done we will email you a receipt and snail mail you all the rest. We will send you a copy of the original receipt, original packaging (still mint), and anything else that came with the lens or body from the time of our purchase.
04-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #49

Miserere,

Are wishing "the Clap" on Barry? Now that is not very hospitable. Barry, I will see you in a couple months for a rental. I have a hockey tournament to shoot and need a lens to try.

Mi2nc2ca

04-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Sent an email to Barry asking about the rent to buy option - looks good. 100% or close to 100% rental credit for brand new lenses (% based on rental length also, I assume,) with the purchase price being the B&H or Adorama new price plus a portion of shipping charges. I imagine as time goes on and the lenses rotate and are not brand new, the purchase price will reduce.

What I really like is that it will be a great channel for getting 'good' lenses - meaning no lemons. Any bad lenses will be weeded out before they go to more than one customer, I'm sure. Might be a good way for someone to ensure they get a 'good' 16-50 in their hands!

Great idea, well implemented so far, fair prices, and great customer service.

04-10-2008, 05:15 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Bruce the day you get the Da 300 in stock I will be calling!!!!!
04-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #52
Pentaxian

Ordered a lens yesterday from Barry and had a problem with the order form - sent an email. Barry answered within minutes and resolved the problem (my error!). Checked this morning and he is shipping a brand new lens directly from B&H to me 2 day. Now THAT'S Service with a capital 'S". This guy is going to be great to work with folks. He gets a ***** rating in my book.

Thank you Barry!
Just a quick question for you as you have already ordered. Does your "week" start when you ordered it, or does it start when you receive it?
04-10-2008, 05:38 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Just a quick question for you as you have already ordered. Does your "week" start when you ordered it, or does it start when you receive it?
Get this. My time starts from the date I gave that I needed the lens, Monday the 14th. I will actually have the lens tomorrow via 2 day shipping from B&H. I think normally the clock starts from the day of delivery. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up keeping this lens after my 3 weeks are up if it performs as expected.

Tracking number: 73868xxxxxx
Ship date: Apr 9, 2008
Estimated delivery: Apr 11, 2008 by 4:30 PM

Reference 2261xxxxx.x
Destination MONTPELIER, ID
Service type FedEx 2Day Service
Weight xx.x lbs.

Status Arrived at FedEx location

Last edited by Rickster; 04-10-2008 at 05:48 AM.
04-10-2008, 06:07 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Cool, Rick . Tom here is what is says on the site:

When does my rental period begin and end?
Rental begins the day after you receive it. With FedEx we track all packages and get live tracking on that item. If Fed Ex delivers (or has attempted to deliver) the lens on a Friday, Your rental begins that Saturday. On the last day of the rental the lens or body must be shipped back to us
04-10-2008, 06:13 AM   #55
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Tom,
Your time actually starts the day after you requested it be there. So lets say you need a lens by the 14th. You will have it Monday at the latest and your time does not start until the 15th. So 1 week (7 days of usage) would be the 21st. The lens would need to be picked up or dropped off to Fedex by Monday the 21st. If you have any problems and say "Barry I missed getting to fedex, can I drop it off in the morning?" Im going to tell you "Yeah, thats not a problem at all, you just owe me a round of golf at the nicest course in your area." haha

Just to let you know I really try to have all lenses there at least 1 full day before your time starts. Sometimes even 2 days. This way it really lets someone play around with it and get familiar with it. That goes for bodies also. You almost need to call in an engineer to figure some of the newer bodies out these days.

BTW...if anyone talks to Ned, tell him I replied to his email. Sometimes email servers seem to throw us into the spam folder.
04-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mi2nc Quote
Miserere,

Are wishing "the Clap" on Barry? Now that is not very hospitable. Barry, I will see you in a couple months for a rental.
C'mon, you know that's not what I meant.
04-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #57
Site Supporter

I would love to see the Tamron 28-75 offered. Anyone else?
04-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Original Poster
As much as I would love to see some third party lenses offered for rental, I think it would be incredibly difficult on the rental shop. Barry is not only renting Pentax, but Canon, Nikon and Sony. I'm content with the pentax lenses. Although I do see he sells gift certificates.....my birthday is coming up
04-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jshurak Quote
As much as I would love to see some third party lenses offered for rental, I think it would be incredibly difficult on the rental shop.
He could rent "standard" or specialty 3rd party lenses that are not offered by Pentax. Case in point: 28-70/75mm f/2.8 (Sigma and Tamron), 70-200mm f/2.8 (Sigma and Tamron) or the new Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 (if it comes out in Pentax mount). I agree that it wouldn't be profitable to rent out the whole Sigma or Tamron line-up, but a few of them to plug up the holes in the Pentax line-up would be welcome.
04-11-2008, 04:08 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
He could rent "standard" or specialty 3rd party lenses that are not offered by Pentax. Case in point: 28-70/75mm f/2.8 (Sigma and Tamron), 70-200mm f/2.8 (Sigma and Tamron) or the new Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 (if it comes out in Pentax mount). I agree that it wouldn't be profitable to rent out the whole Sigma or Tamron line-up, but a few of them to plug up the holes in the Pentax line-up would be welcome.

right that's fine, but really my point was that along side Pentax, he rents lenses for 3 other camera brands. How would Barry determine which mount gets the third party lenses and which ones don't...or would he end up buying 4 versions of each lens?