Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh dear, there goes my paycheck....

But in all seriousness, thank you Barry! This is an awesome service and will probably heavily used by pentax shooters. I have a pelican case of my own, and knowing that you're shipping them in those I would feel very safe about shipping a lens.

Two thumbs up.

04-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Ahhhhh customs - it is insane - Equipment manufactured overseas - shipped to the US suddenly hits the 49th parallel wall. Free Trade ... not so much. I have purchased a US vehicle and driven it across which is easier than getting something online from Amazon.com believe me.

I understand for your business it does not make economic sense, which it too bad for us. Good Luck and I wish you the best, you have sparked some interest here for sure
04-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote

Barry, what I would like to know is if it would be possible to get together with a few friends to rent 3-4 lenses (all in one person's name) to save on shipping costs, instead of each person renting one lens individually. Camera Lens Rentals would not lose any money but by sharing shipping costs the customers would save a few dollars. How does this affect the insurance policy?
Whats that old saying? "What they dont know wont hurt em"?
haha
Seriously though. Thats up to you. We have a basic shipping price. Minimum is $23. From there your order is based on weight. So the small lenses would be $23 and if you added a couple..might go up to $27-$31. Thats round trip shipping. As far as the damage waiver goes...its in effect if you get it. Obviously the person renting the lenses would be the one responsible for my sake. You guys can sort out monies between you if something were to happen. If you need to check out our Damage Waiver Policy..its a great deal.
04-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #34

This is great - wish there was something like this in Australia.

Hope your business succeeds Barry, that might energise someone in OZ to do the same type of this.

Hey, how about starting an international franchise operation in the EU, Canada and Oz?

04-09-2008, 04:49 AM   #35
Veteran Member

This, my friends, is a cool idea. I am very interested in the 50-135. I am going to WA in July to visit my grandson (that's him in my avatar), and this will be an excellent way for me to use the lens as much as I want and to see if I am willing to make that type of investment.
04-09-2008, 05:08 AM   #36
Banned

oh I imagine I will be taking advantage of this wonderful service many times.
04-09-2008, 06:31 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
this is great! now I'll have a chance to see what all the praise of the limiteds is all about without actually having to commit to one. definately a service I'll be using... thanks for the head up OP! and good luck Barry in your ventures!

04-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #38
JMS

This is fantastic! I'm gonna be shooting my sister's wedding reception this summer. I had consigned myself to just buy an AF360FGZ. Instead, I'm gonna rent it-and a couple lenses!
04-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMS Quote
This is fantastic! I'm gonna be shooting my sister's wedding reception this summer. I had consigned myself to just buy an AF360FGZ. Instead, I'm gonna rent it-and a couple lenses!

why not rent the 540?!
04-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #40
JMS

QuoteOriginally posted by jshurak Quote
why not rent the 540?!
That's a thought. Tempting one, too.
04-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #41

Hmmm... this is a great step to see someone renting Pentax Lenses.
When I go to my local rentals stores I keep asking them when they are going to start renting Pentax equipment. They can never give me a definite answer if they are going to or not.....

Maybe Barry needs a partner up here in the North !!!

On another note, I have sent an email off to Lens Lenders (for Canadian shooters) to request Pentax equipment !!!!!

mail@lenslenders.com

is the contact email!

Last edited by OttawaPhotog; 04-09-2008 at 10:38 AM.
04-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Ordered a lens yesterday from Barry and had a problem with the order form - sent an email. Barry answered within minutes and resolved the problem (my error!). Checked this morning and he is shipping a brand new lens directly from B&H to me 2 day. Now THAT'S Service with a capital 'S". This guy is going to be great to work with folks. He gets a ***** rating in my book.

Thank you Barry!

Last edited by Rickster; 04-09-2008 at 01:18 PM.
04-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Actually that business will be even better if they can provide some decent RENT TO BUY option (thinking about infamous 16-50)... you rent, you like that specific one that you
have in hands, pay and keep it
04-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #44

Some places here that rent *%kon and *%non equipment have a policy where if you spend X amount of $$$ in a month for rentals you can use it towards a purchase of a lens or body... for some people that can work out nicely. This could be a possible future option for Barry....
04-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
Actually that business will be even better if they can provide some decent RENT TO BUY option (thinking about infamous 16-50)... you rent, you like that specific one that you
have in hands, pay and keep it
Call Barry ... they have this in place.