Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tamron rebate question

I'm hoping someone here has had experience with Tamron's rebates...

I want to send in the rebate materials for my Tamron AF28-75mm but I'm a bit confused.

On the one hand it asks for this:

Complete the questionnaire attached to the Six Year Limited Warranty Service Slip enclosed in lens box; cut-out the UPC bar code beginning with the numbers 725211 from the side or bottom of lens box (photo copies of UPC codes are not acceptable) and return all to Tamron USA, Inc. with the completed rebate form from your dealer and a copy of your dated sales receipt for qualifying purchase.

Then on the other hand asks for this:

Tamron requires that all requested items (UPC Bar Code, Consumer Questionnaire, Serial Number, completed Rebate Form and Sales Receipt Copy) be enclosed in order to process rebate. If any item is missing, your rebate request will be delayed and/or denied.

My question is do I have to send in the serial number card that comes in the box or not? Is that what they are asking for in the second request? It's weird that it asks for less stuff on one part of the rebate and more stuff on the second half. I figure sending them as much as possible is better, but I don't know if that serial number card is something that is to be sent in or held onto?

After hearing some horror stories from various rebates offered by other companies I'm a bit paranoid about sending in the right stuff.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

04-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Igilligan

Is this the $10 dollar rebate? If it is, I read all the requirements and decided it was not worth cutting the upc off of the box and having to make copies of everything, plus the 43 cent stamp... Oh I left out the frustration of tracking it thru the system... I think that is their plan

For $50 bucks I would do it. Heck even for $25

Good luck to you and update it when you get it.

Last edited by Igilligan; 04-09-2008 at 12:46 PM.
04-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I'm going to give it a shot. I was debating not sending it in myself, but I'll try. I'm going to make a copy of the serial card. The only thing that specifically says no copies is the UPC code off of the box, so hopefully I'll be OK with sending all originals except for the sales receipt and the serial card, which will be copies.
04-10-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boushh Quote
I'm hoping someone here has had experience with Tamron's rebates...

Then on the other hand asks for this:
Tamron requires that all requested items (UPC Bar Code, Consumer Questionnaire, Serial Number, completed Rebate Form and Sales Receipt Copy) be enclosed in order to process rebate. If any item is missing, your rebate request will be delayed and/or denied.

My question is do I have to send in the serial number card that comes in the box or not? Is that what they are asking for in the second request?
When the second request asks for the Serial Number, it's talking about the spot on the form, "The serial number of my lens is:__________". You're supposed to write in the serial number.

No, you don't mail them a separate serial number card. And remember to keep your (top) copy of the "warranty service slip", in case you ever need to send the lens in for warranty service.

Yes, I believe these rebate arrangements are usually designed to be as confusing and painful as possible, so you'll toss the whole thing in the trash instead.

Incidentally, I was astounded how quickly the $90 rebate check appeared, for my Tamron 90mm: about a week!

04-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
^^ Wow! That's really fast for a rebate!

Thanks for the response to my question. I did write out the serial number and I sent them a copy of the card too. I really was hoping they didn't want the original card. That just didn't make sense to me. They just shouldn't even mention it, since it's part of the form that you need to fill out. OH, I also kept the top half of the warranty slip that is for servicing the lens.

Thanks for your help guys.