Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #1

Canadians who want to rent pentax lenses

Well I did end up sending off an email to Lens Lenders, and well I must say that I am shocked by the response that I did receive. Looks like they will not be carrying Pentax anytime soon. Olympus will more than likely be the next system they stock.... see response below.

Hello Tim:

Thanks for writing with your question. We receive a number of requests for Pentax equipment, as well as Olympus, and are considering the brands for our long-term expansion plans. At a local camera show I attended, the Olympus representative was very interested in our company and was excited to show us the newest gear and talk about the rental market possibilities. The Pentax representative, on the other hand, was rude, wouldn't even reach out to touch my business card when I introduced myself and interrupted my greeting with an abrupt, "I can't sell to you." With such a difference in reception to Lens Lenders from the two representatives, the next brand of lenses that will likely appear on our website was chosen for us. --

Todd Daileytodd@lenslenders.com
Lens Lenders - SLR Camera Lens Rentals in Canada

04-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

time to get ned bunnell on this right away!
04-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You are wasting your time. Pentax Canada is a bunch of useless clods. I've been around long enough to know if I need help with anything, I email Colorado. My only shop that sells the brand (Halifax) hadn't seen the rep in 6 months and the only price list they had was from 2006. Zero training and I know for a fact the rep has never shot a DSLR (I've known him for 15 years). Pentax Canada should just close up shop and go get jobs at 7-11, I hear there are night shift jobs available.
04-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
lol, otoh, maybe thats why new lenses are available at lower prices here, to help attract a market whose lack of interest isn't actually the problem. I would love to have the option to 'try before I buy' all the offerings on the roadmap, lend/lease scenario. Alas, I suppose with stories like that I'll have to live with a mild discount.

04-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #5

Original Poster
lmao......
04-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

http://www.leoscamera.com/Rental/main.htmlThis place in vancouver rents out camera equipment. Not sure if they do online rentals.

Leo's cameras
04-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
time to get ned bunnell on this right away!
I understand Ned has already been in contact with Barry at Camera Lens Rentals and offered him his full support. Way to go Ned!

04-10-2008, 02:25 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Ned is Pentax USA, not Pentax Canada. Try forwarding that email to Pentax Japan. Maybe, someone there will light a fire under P Canada.
04-10-2008, 04:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Pentax Canada!! They have one?
04-10-2008, 04:48 AM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Nope it's a frigment of my imagination. There is no such company.

I faxed and emailed them 4 times for a part on an FA50mm f2.8. The service shop did the same as well. First they sent the wrong parts and that took 3 months. Then after repeated tries and no responses, I gave up. Pentax USA faxed the parts list in 15 minutes and I had what I needed in 2 weeks after begging for help because they aren't supposed to do an end run around the Canadian branch.

And that's only one of 4 stories for me with those fools.
04-10-2008, 05:03 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Peter, I WAS trying to be funny.
04-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #12
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Me too but they aren't much help and the attitude displayed to the OP doesn't surprise me at all. Just relating my experiences as well.
04-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
Ned is Pentax USA, not Pentax Canada. Try forwarding that email to Pentax Japan. Maybe, someone there will light a fire under P Canada.
yeah i know ... but he seems really in touch with the Pentax users populace, just wishful thinking :P

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Pentax Canada!! They have one?
who distributes Pentax to Canada then?
04-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
who distributes Pentax to Canada then?
I think the point that Peter and JC were making is that while there is indeed a Pentax Canada, they (it) don't seem to do much in the way of customer support. The attitude displayed by the Pentax rep toward Todd Dailey at Lens Lenders seems to be indicative of that.
06-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Has there been a Toronto get together recently or one coming up, where folks can shoot with each others lenses to help choosing their next lenses? I'm here for July and part of August, I have everything in my profile with me except my FA's and my MX film body...