Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Noise inside Da*200 lens

Today I noticed that if I rock the lens from side to side I can hear a slight noise from inside the lens. Is this normal?

01-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Are you rocking it with the lens off the camera? If so, hold the aperture stop down lever with a finger. That should stop the noise.
01-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter

I have never thought of "shaking" my DA* 200 (or any other lens) before, but yes, there is a minute - VERY slight - 'rattle' if I do.

The most likely explanation to me: There is a motor + transmission and a focus-quick-shift mechanism inside the lens and thus, some fairly free-moving parts?
01-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Are you rocking it with the lens off the camera? If so, hold the aperture stop down lever with a finger. That should stop the noise.
Thanks. I tried that but it did not make any difference.

01-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
I have never thought of "shaking" my DA* 200 (or any other lens) before, but yes, there is a minute - VERY slight - 'rattle' if I do.

The most likely explanation to me: There is a motor + transmission and a focus-quick-shift mechanism inside the lens and thus, some fairly free-moving parts?
When I took the lens off of the camera body I felt something move inside the lens and I suspected it had something to do with the quick shift mechanism. Thanks for taking the time to reply and confirm my suspicions.