Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2014, 05:30 AM   #1

Russian Lomo M42-K mount adaptor.

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hey fellas,

Anyone have or know about these Russian adapters?

See a couple on ebay and curious to know if they are the same design as the genuine Pentax adapter.

Thanks.

01-07-2014, 05:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I haven't heard of them
Here is the main advantage that the genuine adapter normally has:
-It doesn't need an extra tool to be removed from the camera. Most if not all other brands of m42-K adapters come with a little tool for removal.
-It doesn't have a flange, so it allows infinity focus normally
-it fits well, and doesn't get "stuck" on the camera (there were cases where off-brand adapters wouldn't come off without disassembly)
The disadvantages are: - since it has no flange, narrow lenses might wobble slightly and might not short the contacts. This only happens with some lenses, but if you are planning on using exactly those ones.. (Its mostly the narrow-base Takumars and some Soviet lenses like Industar 50-2 and Helios 44-2).

Maybe if you post a photo of these Lomo adapters we can compare them
01-07-2014, 05:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
Lomo K 1 Adapter From M42 TO Pentax K | eBay
01-07-2014, 06:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks very similar to the genuine, but not exactly the same. The finish isn't as fine. It will probably work, but might not fit as smoothly. But I think for $25 you can get a used genuine Pentax adapter. Off brand knockoffs usually sell for under $20.

01-07-2014, 06:19 AM   #5

Original Poster
Ok, fair enough thanks.

I may still just get a couple of the cheap clones and take off the clip/sping, have a couple of M42 lens I'd like to use.

Also, a bit off topic, any ideas on how to clean a sensor? mine has lines all over it, have managed to get the bulk of it off but not is a bit stubborn and I'm not too keen on using anything forceful or too powerful, solvent wise.
01-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Image Sensor Cleaning Kit #O-ICK1 - Digital Camera Warehouse

Adorama has it for a lot less. Don't know how much shipping would add...

Pentax O-ICK1 Image Sensor Cleaning Kit 39357