Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #16
Inactive Account

I was shocked to find one in Henrys!

I really needed a macro for an upcoming trip so went into Henrys (Ottawa) suspecting I'd have to go for a Sigma 50mm macro and saw 2 DA 35s sat on the shelf. I think it was 540CAD before tax, but I actually can't remember. It was the same as the DFA 50mm macro anyway. I thought it was a bargain because its such an all purpose lens and built like a tank.

As I've been drooling after one of these for a long time, it didn't take me long to buy it. Still in a bit of shock as I've _never_bought any camera equipment new! However, this lens is probably going to be my most used lens.

Coming back from shopping I spotted some Bohemian Waxwings on my street. I had my new (well, new old!) M* 300mm with me as I needed to get a new filter for it, so I was very excited to get some shots of them feeding on lots of berries (but I've left my sd card reader at work, so can't drool over them yet!).

Pretty good day for Pentax stuff!

Initial impressions of the DA35 is, what a design! It focuses extremely quick and accurate on my DS (better than my DA21 in low light anyway). It seems to AF macro focus pretty good too. The built in lens hood is cute. The pop up flash won't cover all of the frame at closer distances as the barrel shadows the frame.

Very reassuring to get a 50mm equivalent view again; missed it from my film days!

04-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kguru Quote
This sounds like Australian or English; didn't know Americans say it too
Good 'n ya, mate! In the interest of full disclosure, I am a Brit masquerading as a Bostonian. Generally, I do a pretty good job of it, I say "Bahstan", I eat a lot of clam chawdah, drive like I'm the only one on the road and god's gift to traffic lights...but sometimes, when I'm on forums, I let my guard down