Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What happened here? 10-17

Picked up a Pentax 10-17 last week and had something unusual happen today. Ended up with about 10 pictures with the lens hood (built in) showing. Restarting my K-30 resolved the issue. Almost looks like the mirror didn't sit properly or any ideas?

Had no issues before this or after restarting.

One with the issue, one without.

01-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That is odd. The "hood" is not even centered on the image. Looking at my lens right now, I'm not even sure how you can get that particular overlap without something along the top and bottom edge. There is something on the right side as well.
01-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks as if a part of the sensor that was used to capture the image was outside of the image circle.

Could be because shake reduction hadn't come to rest and horizon correction was enabled to boot.
01-10-2014, 08:12 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My K-30 did that once - the image was consistently higher than what I (thought I) was aiming at. Turning off/on cured it in my case, as well. At the time, I thought that I might have turned on composition adjustment accidentally.

01-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'll post some more photos'....This happened for 13 consecutive photo's over a 3 1/2 minute period. Photo taken 38 seconds before the first messed up shot was fine...no settings changed....continued until I power cycled and then stopped. Can't imagine shake reduction coming to rest would cause that.....Horizon correction is off.
01-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Here is the photo before as well as all the pictures this happened too. No settings change between the 1st and any in this sequence.
01-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
My K-30 did that once - the image was consistently higher than what I (thought I) was aiming at. Turning off/on cured it in my case, as well. At the time, I thought that I might have turned on composition adjustment accidentally.
I believe this is what happened. If you look in my sequence above where I took a few shots of my car, you will see it took me 3 shots to get the car centred. 1st shot the car was centred in the view (optical viewfinder). Took me 3 tries to get it to actually happen though as I compensated. Although this is a new lens to me, I can't imagine that it can be anything to do with the lens.....

01-11-2014, 06:04 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It has to be an error with the sensor position and shake reduction. You should contact pentax service for your camera.