Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-11-2014, 01:06 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Voigtlander color ultron 50mm 1.8 disassembly

i have created a set of pictures of Voigtlander color ultron 50mm 1.8 disassembly/ autopin fix/greasing

voigtlander m42 color ultron 1.8 disassembly/auto pin disabelling - a set on Flickr

hope it helps

steps are also stated along with the pictures
the steps are written here too

1 Since with the auto pin undepressed it remains wide open to have the lens fully functional one needs to keep the auto pin in depressed state, one option is depressing and putting strong glue the other is an operation as suggested below.
This is at ones own risk. when i under took the opreation i amongst other i had analogous links as
1 forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-planar-or-voigtlander-color...
2 www.bigeye.url.tw/big5/d_ro50_18.htm

3 www.bigeye.url.tw/big5/d_ro50_18_4.htm

4 forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=44354

5 www.flickr.com/photos/psychobiker/sets/72157611844942002/

these did not explain fully thus this recording how i depressed and regreased the lens.
i have decided to make this as functional to be used in a pentax DSLR, i have used a generic M42 to k adapter, this shows the clip being removed, thus can be screwed in to the lens, it remains there, the red dot on the adapter needs to match the central marking of the lens.

2 the m42 mount is removed by removing 4 screws, after removing the mount screws this is what is seen the lever is rmoved and placed (the one with the spring, next is a rod which is removed.

3 three screws are circled which needs to be removed, 2 are small third is a larger screw, MARK where the larger screw was for reassmbly

4 after removing the the
1 top block -remove the
2- aperture contol ring then (note the groove for the aperture control lever- the one in brass color)
3- then the part of the aperture control ring (note the small ball) that will leave (remember the position its in so not to be confused later)
4- part which has the lens elements assembly.

if required for degreasingone has to rotate to seperate the inner lens element housing - BE CAREFUL ALL HAS TO FALL BACK IN PLACE, THUS THE NO OF TURNS REQUIRED NEEDS TO BE NOTED

4a i regreased and then brought back the position of the brass groove and the larger groove, do note the small rod (between 2-3 oclock in the picture

5a to push the auto pin down i used a electric wire sleeve, it is not inserted in the pin as that is very complicated, thus when the pin is pushed down the lever gets raised I have placed a electric wire sleeve there, see that it holds tightly, use light glue if required

6 the locking of the auto pin another picture of the full top block

7 reassembling,
if not degreased/regreased by removing the lens assembly,
in the lens assembly unit place it a infinity, the aperture control at 16
here the "aperture ring" is placed on the "top block' on that "part of the aperture control ring" is placed, the lens assembly unit with distantance focussing part is fitted NOTE SINCE THE AUTO PIN IS PINNED DOWN THE APERTURE LEVER NEED to be fitted first than the grooves shold fall in place it its at infinity and 16, not to fit the small ball, will require some trials befor it fits back.
once the top block fits in screw the 3 screws of the top block then place the other ring, the rod lever, and the contraption with the spring as in 2nd picture and the mount , screw the 4 screws of m42 mount,

8 it the m42 to k adapter

9 now one has the color ultron 50 mm 1.8 ready for use as a k mount lens, this works on Av mode, DOES NOT require green button resetting for use- that is when aperture is controlled manually the shutter speed auto adjusts

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34859797@N07/sets/72157639638310116/

Last edited by uttam.hathi; 05-21-2014 at 04:24 AM.
01-11-2014, 02:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Excellent, that's a nice lens and it's nice to see how to modify it for use on modern cameras.
01-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very cool, I might have to try this. That's a great 50mm lens to do this on. Now if only there as a way to flip the focusing direction...
01-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
@ jeffshaddix
there are certain things which are a part of the design, flipping the focussing direction would be rebuilding the lens, that has not been an issue with me till now.

01-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by uttam.hathi Quote
@ jeffshaddix
there are certain things which are a part of the design, flipping the focussing direction would be rebuilding the lens, that has not been an issue with me till now.
Yes, I suppose my comment was a bit tongue in cheek, I realize it's not feasible. I do miss action shots because of opposite focus direction - just wish they had converged on a single direction all those years ago (albeit admittedly not in their best interest).