Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #151
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
If you rent and then decide to buy, they'll credit you with half of the rental fee towards the purchase of the lens. In this case, they would charge me $599.99--the full MSRP.Heather
That's kind of steep with the DA35 going for $360 CDN on Prodigital2000

04-19-2008, 03:17 AM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigben91682 Quote
Thanks a lot everybody..

I should have known to never read an "ultimate LBA" but when I started reading this a day or 2 ago my mindset was "I ought to pick up a decent macro at some point....but there are other things I want first"....well I just ordered a copy, a bit impulsive, but I have been wanting the 31 ltd but if this is comparable IQ why not kill 2 with one stone. I recently got the FA35 and love the focal length so I'm looking forward to this lenses macro capabilities with summer around the corner.

Another one bites the dust.....I had no lens buying in my sights for a few months, read one thread, and now look.....how am I gonna sneak this by the wife?
Ben, I'm so sorry to put you through this! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do...!
04-19-2008, 03:18 AM   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
That's kind of steep with the DA35 going for $360 CDN on Prodigital2000
I kinda agree: you could buy it much cheaper and in the end, if it doesn't fit you (I think the chances will be slim) you could sell it off, and you won't have lost so much money...
04-19-2008, 04:40 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've checked the last several days on Fleabay in Prodigital2000's store and I haven't seen any more posted. The next best price I've seen is at Henry's in the neighbhorhood of $440-450 (US--depending on the exchange rate) + $12.95 CND shipping to the US. If Prodigital 2000 did post some more, I'd be tempted to take the plunge despite my waffling. You can't beat that price with a stick.

Heather

04-19-2008, 05:22 AM   #155
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxke Quote
Ben, I'm so sorry to put you through this! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do...!
It's a difficult situation for everybody, but I think I'll pull through in the end