Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxke Quote
Doesn't Frank have this lens?
Yeah, I have the FA43, and the other two FA Limiteds. But I won't let these go no matter what other lenses I add in. Those are something I'd keep as long I'm still taking photos

Besides, the DA35 is a dedicated 1:1 macro lens, does the best for macros. This along can't be replaced by the FA43, or 31 or whatever non macro lenses

04-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
One more day... just one more day and it will be mine!

Hey Frank, you use a Katz Eye screen on your bodies don't you? Do you think you could get focussing that good on those flowers w/o it or was that strictly the cameras focussing?
Nope, I don't use Katz Eye, never used one. The only add-on I have is an O-ME53 eyecup And actually I used AF on all these photos I took w/ the DA35 It hunts a bit especially at near 1:1 macro distance, but the focus does lock pretty well most time.
04-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Now, this is what I call a Photo! Great shot Frank!
Thanks Marc

Frank, you have to stop posting images like that... The water comes out of my mouth! You really know how to use that lens! Congrats!
I only had it for three days, but kinda like it already. This will be one of the lenses I'd keep for a while

I think it'd be my most used lens, probably I'd carry it everyday. It's such a versatile lens, pretty good for street photos too. Here is one take at F4.5, 1/6s:

Last edited by frank; 04-14-2008 at 08:26 PM.
04-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #94
Veteran Member

I would have to say that this is the proverbial "desert island" lens. Not to be too hyperbolic, but that's my current take on it.

04-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Thanks Marc

I only had it for three days, but kinda like it already. This will be one of the lenses I'd keep for a while

I think it'd be my most used lens, probably I'd carry it everyday. It's such a versatile lens, pretty good for street photos too. Here is one take at F4, 1/6s:

And we have another winner!
04-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #96
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
I would have to say that this is the proverbial "desert island" lens. Not to be too hyperbolic, but that's my current take on it.
Agree completely!
04-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #97
Veteran Member

The wait is killing me!!!

04-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #98
Veteran Member

This lens is probably one of the most hyped up Pentax lenses ever . I'm quite anxious while waiting for the arrival of this lens since my expectation is quite high (mostly due to all the great shots here). Lens like this makes prime shooting such joy .

Today, I went out to a local park, and sometimes I had a hard time to keep my VL125 still at 1/20. Right there, I wished I had my DA 35. Oh well, it's better be here by Wednesday.
04-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #99
Veteran Member

I'm beginning to wonder if I really need a dedicated macro lens at all...

I got to thinking about it and figured that if I really want 1:1 macro, my 43 or 50 + my extension tubes (50mm worth) should do me. Sometime back, I messed around with the 43 and extension tubes and here are a couple of examples of what I was able to do:

If you want to see more, click here: macro_and_close_ups Photo Gallery by Heather at pbase.com

Another thing I was wondering is if you put a TC on a dedicated macro lens like the DA35, how would it affect the macro capability?

Thanks!
Heather
04-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #100
Veteran Member

You will increase the magnification at the cost of much thinner DOF, light loss, and IQ loss. The least compromise of all for increasing magnificaiton would be bellows: no IQ loss. But the setup becomes a bit cumbersome, definitely not suited to chase insect around.
04-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
I got to thinking about it and figured that if I really want 1:1 macro, my 43 or 50 + my extension tubes (50mm worth) should do me. Sometime back, I messed around with the 43 and extension tubes and here are a couple of examples of what I was able to do:

If you want to see more, click here: macro_and_close_ups Photo Gallery by Heather at pbase.com

Another thing I was wondering is if you put a TC on a dedicated macro lens like the DA35, how would it affect the macro capability?

Thanks!
Heather
Nice shots, Heather.

Don't think you can use the DA35 w/ any TC though. Its minimum focal distance is already very close (14cm). At 1:1, the subject almost touches the front element. If you put a TC in between, the focus point probably would be inside the lens
04-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #102
Veteran Member

Hey Frank, what game are those gentlemen playing?
04-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #103
Veteran Member

Some kind of chess played by Malays and Southern Chinese I think. Never played myself ...
04-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #104
Veteran Member

They are playing checkers but on a much larger board.
So much detail on the pockmarked face at 1/6 sec.
04-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #105
Veteran Member

Whatever it is, they seem to be taking it very serious, thanks.