Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Selling my Pentax 600mm F4

I'll post some photos tonight, and I understand you cannot give an accurate guess without them...

Any idea what this lens should sell for?

It works perfectly, just a little rough on the outside, from it long and exciting life.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/249321-sal...-600mm-f4.html

01-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

How would anyone be able to tell without seeing any photos - especially when you say "a little rough on the outside"?
01-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Personally I'd probably get the new Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX DG APO for 5 grand.
That extra 100mm isn't going to make all that much difference.
01-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter

I might also be good to remember that pitching a lens for sale outside the marketplace is against forum rules. If you need a good estimate of value, go to KEH.com and see what they are asking. Subtract 15% and you will have a fair market value. Another option is finished auction results on eBay. The reviews section on this site is another option.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 01-23-2014 at 04:46 PM.
01-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
My apologies Steve, I haven't been active on the site for a while. Just noticed the as b&h forum and thought I would ask.

Did not intend to offend.
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I might also be good to remember that pitching a lens for sale outside the marketplace is against forum rules. If you need a good estimate of value, go to KEH.com and see what they are asking. Subtract 15% and you will have a fair market value. Another option is finished auction results on eBay. The reviews section on this site is another option.

Steve
01-23-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pureluck Quote
I'll post some photos tonight, and I understand you cannot give an accurate guess without them...

Any idea what this lens should sell for?

It works perfectly, just a little rough on the outside, from it long and exciting life.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/249321-sal...-600mm-f4.html
Just to be fair: list it on the Marketplace here: The Pentax Marketplace | Sell Pentax | Photographic Equipment for Sale - PentaxForums.com after you've done your homework.
This will bring direct attention to your lens and also prevent hurting anyone's feeling!

Cheers!

JP
01-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pureluck Quote
Did not intend to offend.
No offense taken and none intended either!

Steve