Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well after a lot of back and forth I'm going with the fa43 limited for the first lens on my list...

JJ

01-30-2014, 04:11 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
for a long time I agonized over the FA43 when I had the DA40. At new prices I can't see much reason to get the DA40 (new HD) but it's really hard to beat at $300ish used. I doubt I will ever upgrade to the FA43 (so many others to dream about) but I think you will like it a lot. I might get the DA*55 at some point since it is decidedly unique from the DA40 though.

Like others have mentioned it might be a good idea to get a M85f2 as a bridge lens to the FA77. It is a unique focal length and you might not use it a lot. Or it might be your go to lens.

It's great to buy the perfect lens the first time but that doesn't mean that you should wait a couple of years to fill in focal length gaps.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lenses, pentax, pentax lens, slr lens