QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Glad I'm not one of them
Same here

04-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Glad I'm not one of them
you too

Pentax DA18-250 vs DA18-55&DA50-200, DA18-250 Testing - ClubSNAP Photography Forums
04-14-2008, 07:00 AM   #33
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you have serious LBA problem, get all of them.

For my 3000th post, it's a comment/reply on LBA. Somehow that seems fitting.

Don't we all Frank? You and I both have a serious issue with this. The first of the 12 steps is to admit you have a problem. I'll start. "I have a problem with...." nah this can wait till after my next bid.
04-14-2008, 07:13 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote

For my 3000th post, it's a comment/reply on LBA.
you have FPA too.

04-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, I was just testing the 18-250 lens and see how well it performed against the dual lens kit, 'cause some friends asked me to do that But I do think THAT is different from pixel peeping After that test, most local DA18-250 stock were gone in a very short time

I've done some other similar tests too, just to benefit the local Pentax community
04-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Yeah
nothing wrong in zooming to 100% ... all boys do this
04-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
nothing wrong in zooming to 100% ... all boys do this
That is true, and I do that too, just to check if I got the focus right
04-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #38
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ladies and gentlemen

Thankyou ever so much for the advice, input, comments and guidance you all offered in this thread!!!

By the time we got to the 20th post my knickers were well and truely in a twist Guidance is invaluable on this forum. But how is it so, that a perfectly harmless decision about neatly arranged spheres of glass stuck in a tube can turn a well balanced individual into a RAVING lUNATIC

The wife thought i had learnt a new language revolving around MTF data and constantly asked me if i was ok and that i should take a nap Four days of madness took me to my local dealer where i thought i would gain inspiration from touching, sniffing and, er, nuff said on that.

Three shop assitants eagerly eyed me as i approached the counter and i asked to be shown the lenses. I took a very deep breath, stuck out my chest and with head held high i asked if any of the assistants shot with Pentax. In that instant panic set in as i waited for the laughter to roll out, but the small guy, with a name badge (Juha) said he did, I almost kissed the guy

We went over the percieved pros and cons and got onto what he had in his kit. He said he had a vast collection of pentax glass which he got at a healthy discount ( gonna give up teaching and get a job with Juha ) but that he had recently tried out a couple of sigma lenses and had been overly impressed with the results.

We spoke some more about sigma and he offered me a 70mm macro to try in the shop. I ran straight home with the files, loaded them up, and fell off my chair. I immediatly started running in the direction of Juha, planning on the way, where i was gonna plant this kiss of mine, that i just had to share

So here i sit, updating the thread and nursing my baby Sigma, i really dont think there is a substtute for handling your proposed lens choices, get out there, touch em, sniff em and if you can get a job like Juha has

This is my first prime and i feel so proud.

So now i have to get rid of my 100-Super and the kit lenses, hoping to get a swap here on the forum, so im gonna make a post in the market place shortly.

Once again, thanks all

Peter

04-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Spooked Quote
By the time we got to the 20th post my knickers were well and truely in a twist
Good thing your not looking for a TC.. lol...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/19694-tamron-t...rter-pics.html