Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2014, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

It looks like it should mount. I dunno. Hopefully, somebody more technically savvy will be able to help.

02-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just looked at the back end of my M100/4, and the tab is supposed to protect the aperture stop down lever. It should not be way off on the mount like that. The lever moves from edge to edge of the tab when stopping down.
02-03-2014, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 45 Mike Quote
I found a Sigma 28mm f:2.8 lens that mounts fine on all my K-mount film cameras, but will NOT mount on my K-x DSLR. I am getting ready to order a K-30 and am wondering if anyone can tell me why this won't mount. Can I do something to make it mount? will it mount on my K-30??
I am fairly certain that it also mounted on my ist*DL, but I do not have it here to test I gave it to my neice.
Take off the flange that sticks off the rear of the lens, it is in the wrong position for pentax Any way and interferes with the KAF2/3 lens mount power contacts for HSM and power zoom support

It will mount on all bodies before the K100Super which supported HSM
02-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This version of the Mini-Wide has been posted about before. It is completely different than the one I have which has no aperture shield at all.

02-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sigma Mini Wide

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Take off the flange that sticks off the rear of the lens, it is in the wrong position for pentax Any way and interferes with the KAF2/3 lens mount power contacts for HSM and power zoom support

It will mount on all bodies before the K100Super which supported HSM
I see 3 small phillips screws, remove them, and flange is loose, however there is a spring arrangement underneath, and the flange will not come off. The spring tension is NOT the same as the diaphragm spring. Unwilling to do further disassembly without some idea of what exactly the set up is.

If someone can give me a rough value for this lens, then i can decide whether to get out a hacksaw and files.
02-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #21
Site Supporter

I see 3 small phillips screws, remove them, and flange is loose, however there is a spring arrangement underneath, and the flange will not come off. The spring tension is NOT the same as the diaphragm spring. Unwilling to do further disassembly without some idea of what exactly the set up is.

If someone can give me a rough value for this lens, then i can decide whether to get out a hacksaw and files.
They are not Phillips, they are JIS.

Japanese Cross Point Screwdrivers - Stanley Supply & Services
02-03-2014, 07:56 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter

It's not a lens I would spend more than about $30 on. Dremel the flange right off...
02-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sigma Mini Wide

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote

I have a set of mini driver bits, and one of them fit nice and tight, I assume it is a JIS bit.
I yanked the screws out, played with trying to get the flange off or repositioned, then ran the screws back in.

Next step is the dremel, LOL