Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I just got a reversng ring myself, and have been playing with a Takumar bayonet 28 mm all day. Some pretty nice results once I figured out that the focusing ring is virtually pointless, and that even changing the tilt of the tripod head can get my subject out of focus.

the most ifficult thing I had to handle was the wind... any smallish breeze makes flowers and leaves move, it gets amazingly hard to take a sharp picture...

06-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I actually recommend using takumar for macro work. With the A-M switch you can focus wide open and stop down right when you want to shoot.
06-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My Takumar is a Bayonet, mid-80's version, not an original Takumar. It's supposed to be a chap lens but it gets the job done.

One thing I found is that live view is invaluable when using a revesing ring. It makes focusing and framing amazingly easier. Especially since the LCD gains up so even if you close the aperture, your display will be bright and visible.

That's one of the best uses of live view I've seen so far.