Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2015, 07:51 AM   #1036
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I firmly believe that the K-3 I got last year has put a stop to my lens acquisitions. Really. Except for a CZ 50mm Planar that Jean tricked me into buying. ("Tricked" as in "put up for sale".)

And a couple more that are in the mail now. Don't know quite how that happened...

But, really, my lens buying days are over!
Righteeoh!

02-11-2015, 08:35 AM   #1037
Pentaxian

I firmly believe that the K-3 I got last year has put a stop to my lens acquisitions. Really. Except for a CZ 50mm Planar that Jean tricked me into buying. ("Tricked" as in "put up for sale".)

And a couple more that are in the mail now. Don't know quite how that happened...

Yeah ... right. You and me, both.
02-11-2015, 08:41 AM   #1038
Pentaxian

Seven Pentax, four SamsNX. One outbid notice, three more to follow?
This does not count the several deemed already sold or donated..

blogspot-ins-and-outs-of-gear-swapping

---------- Post added 02-11-15 at 07:43 ----------

Me too, I'm absolutely done as of -whoa what's that?-
02-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #1039
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
7 - four of them are film type lenses. Two are zooms.

02-11-2015, 10:26 AM   #1040
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Righteeoh!
Thanks for believing in me!

Hey, wait...

Is that sarcasm I'm smelling?

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yeah ... right. You and me, both.
And this, children, is the man you should stay away from! He's tricking you into buying lenses. I know he's put up several for sale right now. Pure evil!

No, I don't need a K 35/2! Stand back, you hear me?!

(Oh, and that CZ is really very nice! )

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Seven Pentax, four SamsNX. One outbid notice, three more to follow?
This does not count the several deemed already sold or donated..
Umm, my list only contains items in the "IN" category... Should I be worried?

QuoteQuote:

Me too, I'm absolutely done as of -whoa what's that?-
Yeah, it's a concept that's a bit hard to grasp to begin with. Then all hope is lost.
02-11-2015, 10:33 AM   #1041
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And this, children, is the man you should stay away from! He's tricking you into buying lenses. I know he's put up several for sale right now. Pure evil!

No, I don't need a K 35/2! Stand back, you hear me?!
Thank goodness the Shipper is French Postal Service. I don't know what that is. I'd probably have another K35/2 that actually has an aperture lever if I did.

And I stopped buying lenses after the debacle with the first K35/2 Canon35/2 didn't I.
02-11-2015, 10:51 AM   #1042
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Thank goodness the Shipper is French Postal Service. I don't know what that is. I'd probably have another K35/2 that actually has an aperture lever if I did.
You didn't quite succeed in making that sound like a bad thing

QuoteQuote:
And I stopped buying lenses after the debacle with the first K35/2 Canon35/2 didn't I.
You tell me!

But, yes, vandalism like that really is a shame

02-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #1043
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You didn't quite succeed in making that sound like a bad thing

You tell me!

But, yes, vandalism like that really is a shame
I wouldn't mind so much if it was only vandalism. Graffiti can be cleaned off.

What was done is permanent mutilation.

As to having another K35/2 and 'taking my losses' on the first one (reselling it to a Canon shooter) - there's now the matter of a (possibly) high - $2000's expenditure later this year. I'm actually trying to keep that 5th integer out of the total at the bottom of my spreadsheet.
02-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #1044
Veteran Member

When I got into my Pentax DSLR I swore that I would limit myself to no more than 4. Had three primes from years ago and dug those out.
Well....I think its at 21 now and all are MF except for one.
Im going to be gifting a couple to younger struggling photographers here in the forum if I could just figure out exactly "Who" in the near future.
Plan on selling a few too once FF arrives and the Roses are separated from the Carnations... for that camera anyway.
I like separating lenses out into kits...Like in my van I carry a beat up "Dog" of a K30....all 4 lenses for that camera are
"Sears MC branded" ones that match...If anything really bad happens its NOT a huge loss as my really good stuff is safe....kind like my battle camera and it gets used ALOT !
Then my K3 kit has the really prime glass. Samyamgs , Bower's , and SMC-K primes.... and they are dug out for special occasions only....when the creative urge is strong and never subjected to abuse.
Then there are a bunch of lenses for when FF arrives....a smattering of glass that hopefully works good on a FF Pentax body. Those are packed away and just waiting for when the "Holy Day" comes along...lol

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 02-11-2015 at 11:52 AM.
02-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #1045
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I wouldn't mind so much if it was only vandalism. Graffiti can be cleaned off.

What was done is permanent mutilation.

As to having another K35/2 and 'taking my losses' on the first one (reselling it to a Canon shooter) - there's now the matter of a (possibly) high - $2000's expenditure later this year. I'm actually trying to keep that 5th integer out of the total at the bottom of my spreadsheet.
Easy! Change the currency! If you start tallying in Kuwaiti Dinars you can divide all your sums by three

I don't actually know if I'm into 5 digits or not - I'm trying to keep track of my lenses, but haven't dared throwing cameras, flashes, tripods, bags, filters, hoods, memory cards, batteries, storage boxes, and all the other odd bits and pieces into the spreadsheet! Not to mention a more powerful computer, more disk space, online backup storage...

Then again, what's one little integer among friends, eh?
02-11-2015, 01:17 PM - 2 Likes   #1046
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Easy! Change the currency! If you start tallying in Kuwaiti Dinars you can divide all your sums by three

I don't actually know if I'm into 5 digits or not - I'm trying to keep track of my lenses, but haven't dared throwing cameras, flashes, tripods, bags, filters, hoods, memory cards, batteries, storage boxes, and all the other odd bits and pieces into the spreadsheet! Not to mention a more powerful computer, more disk space, online backup storage...

Then again, what's one little integer among friends, eh?
  1. Depends who's asking - wife or friend.
  2. Depends if it's a PayPal balance or credit card balance
  3. Depends if it's a pre-order price or mature market street price
  4. Depends if the FL is > 500mm
  5. Depends if the FPS is >10
  6. Depends if base 2 or base 10
02-11-2015, 01:46 PM   #1047
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
How many lenses?
Just the two,18-135 WR and Bigma 50-500,they cover most eventualities,although I wouldn't say no to something slightly wider.
02-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #1048
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
How do you like the F 70-210? I just purchased one and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
Not directed to me but I just got one and am quite surprised it is a keeper for sure. Another sleeper that has just recently started going up , up , up , in price....Gee...I wonder why ?

02-11-2015, 03:57 PM   #1049
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Not directed to me but I just got one and am quite surprised it is a keeper for sure. Another sleeper that has just recently started going up , up , up , in price....Gee...I wonder why ?

Well, I just got mine for $40 bucks in ebay and so far am impressed. It's not quite as sharp or contrasty as my DA* lenses but still nice nonetheless. Here's a quick pick of the dog at 103mm. I've heard others tell that it is sharper than the DA 55-300. I dunno since I've never owned one.

02-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #1050
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Well, I just got mine for $40 bucks in ebay and so far am impressed. It's not quite as sharp or contrasty as my DA* lenses but still nice nonetheless. Here's a quick pick of the dog at 103mm. I've heard others tell that it is sharper than the DA 55-300. I dunno since I've never owned one.

Seems you were pretty lucky. This lens is pretty rare on ebay at the moment. So I ordered Vivitar 70-210 instead... just for fun.