Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 586 Likes Search this Thread
03-22-2015, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #1051
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I firmly believe that the K-3 I got last year has put a stop to my lens acquisitions. Really. Except for a CZ 50mm Planar that Jean tricked me into buying. ("Tricked" as in "put up for sale".)

And a couple more that are in the mail now. Don't know quite how that happened...

But, really, my lens buying days are over!
I guess... one more... is in the mail.

But now I won't need any more lenses!

...right?

03-22-2015, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #1052
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Repaired one this afternoon ... an "aus Jena DDR MC Pancolar 50/1.8". I paid 9€ for it with a stuck open aperture (plus a very stiff focus) and it was attached to a working black Praktica LTL 3 ... took me about an hour to repair and I de-clicked it for fun ... for video purposes. So, I have two of these guys now ... one normal and one neutered ... ha! A test "near wide open" in the backyard this afternoon ... de-clicked is "fun".

03-22-2015, 12:54 PM   #1053
Veteran Member

I've stopped counting but I wish that I had the time to use all the lenses that I have....
...new rule for me...no more lenses until I sell some that I have to fund any new purchase.
and this time I mean it...
03-22-2015, 01:19 PM   #1054
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I haven't bought a new lens for at least a week. I'm so proud.

03-22-2015, 01:34 PM   #1055
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by peterjcb Quote
I've stopped counting but I wish that I had the time to use all the lenses that I have....
...new rule for me...no more lenses until I sell some that I have to fund any new purchase.
and this time I mean it...
Of course you do

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Thanks, I don't feel too bad now. I haven't bought anything since primo February!

Come to think of it, I have bought less than one lens per month these last few years. That can hardly qualify as LBA!
03-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #1056
Pentaxian

Come to think of it, I have bought less than one lens per month these last few years. That can hardly qualify as LBA!

Well, this is the right attitude... a lens per month (= no LBA) and in 10 years you have a nice arsenal of 120 lenses at home.

I had the crazy idea today to start counting them... came to a number of 22 primes and 17 zooms. So I was prepared to swear that I will keep the number under 40, but then I realised that there are 4 on the way. But 50 is uncrossable - undoubtedly.
03-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #1057
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
Well, this is the right attitude... a lens per month (= no LBA) and in 10 years you have a nice arsenal of 120 lenses at home.

I had the crazy idea today to start counting them... came to a number of 22 primes and 17 zooms. So I was prepared to swear that I will keep the number under 40, but then I realised that there are 4 on the way. But 50 is uncrossable - undoubtedly.
Only 8, but expecting #9 next week!

03-22-2015, 03:08 PM   #1058
Veteran Member

I've never understood this myself - "how many lenses do you own?" What does that really matter? Does the quantity of lenses produce better quality images?

I've been there / done that with lenses. For about 5 years I tried so many different lenses to see what I liked and disliked about the different focal lengths, brands, and specific qualities. But as I went through that testing stage, the ones that didn't 'WOW" me went on their way. I would say the most I had at one time was 7 lenses.

I've finally found what works for me with what brand and quality lens I like along with the focal length. That equates now to 4 lenses that get used on a regular basis.
03-22-2015, 04:10 PM   #1059
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
You are just waiting for the last purchase to show up.
03-23-2015, 12:24 AM   #1060
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I've never understood this myself - "how many lenses do you own?" What does that really matter? Does the quantity of lenses produce better quality images?

I've been there / done that with lenses. For about 5 years I tried so many different lenses to see what I liked and disliked about the different focal lengths, brands, and specific qualities. But as I went through that testing stage, the ones that didn't 'WOW" me went on their way. I would say the most I had at one time was 7 lenses.

I've finally found what works for me with what brand and quality lens I like along with the focal length. That equates now to 4 lenses that get used on a regular basis.
We're all different. Some like to experiment, some like collecting, some just like playing with gear. For me, this is an important part of this hobby. I have some lenses I use for "serious" photography, and some I have just for fun/playing with.

I do see your point, though. Looking for a good flashlight I stumbled into the Candlepower Forums... Oh my... Having a few flashlights, ok, but dozens of practically identical lights? Nope, I'll stick to my lenses
03-23-2015, 12:31 AM   #1061
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote

It's like to ask my friend (owner of several bicycles) why does he need them when he can only ride one at a time... and for me 1 bike is perfectly enough.
03-23-2015, 05:36 AM   #1062
Veteran Member

We're all different. Some like to experiment, some like collecting, some just like playing with gear. For me, this is an important part of this hobby. I have some lenses I use for "serious" photography, and some I have just for fun/playing with.

I do see your point, though. Looking for a good flashlight I stumbled into the Candlepower Forums... Oh my... Having a few flashlights, ok, but dozens of practically identical lights? Nope, I'll stick to my lenses
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
It's like to ask my friend (owner of several bicycles) why does he need them when he can only ride one at a time... and for me 1 bike is perfectly enough.
Points well taken folks! And very good examples - I've seen the same on various forums.
03-23-2015, 09:07 AM   #1063
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thirteen at the moment. SRS Microsystems have told me they'll have the D-FA 100mm WR on special offer this weekend, so that'll probably be fourteen then.
05-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #1064
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
16 lens ... Need to sell something

Pentax Q7: + Adapter for K & C-mount
- 02 (5.5-15mm f2.8-4.5)
- Navitar 12.5-75mm f1.6

Pentax 6x7:
--- Takumars 55mm f4, 105mm f2.4 y 200mm f4.

Pentax ME SuperyMZ-7:
- Sigma MC 24mm f2.8 Super-Wide II,
- Carl Zeiss Flektogon 35mm f2.4,
- Helios 44-2 58mm f2,
- Pentax-M 135mm f3.5,
- Sigma MC 75-200mm f2.8-3.5 Zoom III,

- Tokina AT-X 28-70mm f2.8
- Pentax-F 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 (235g)

Pentax K-50 (650g)

- Sigma 10-20mm DC Ex (465g)
- Pentax DA 40mm f2.8 XS (52g)
- Pentax DA* 16-50mm f2.8 (565g)
- Pentax DA* 50-135mm f2.8 (765g)

Last edited by Michi Joel; 05-10-2015 at 07:39 PM.
05-11-2015, 09:59 AM - 1 Like   #1065
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by towa Quote
16 lens ... Need to sell something
What is this thing you are talking about?