Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #1

Pentax FA 31mm F1.8 Limited in Los Angeles

I'm European going to Los Angeles and as far as I can see, lenses are quite a bit cheaper in the US than in Europe.

I have a Pentax K-3 Silver Edition and I'm going for the Pentax FA 31mm F1.8 Limited. My hope is that someone here in forum knows of a decent dealer in LA where these lenses can be experienced and bought. Of course I wish a Silver Edition of the lens to fit the camera.

Thank you kindly.

02-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote
I'm European going to Los Angeles and as far as I can see, lenses are quite a bit cheaper in the US than in Europe.

I have a Pentax K-3 Silver Edition and I'm going for the Pentax FA 31mm F1.8 Limited. My hope is that someone here in forum knows of a decent dealer in LA where these lenses can be experienced and bought. Of course I wish a Silver Edition of the lens to fit the camera.

Thank you kindly.
I don't think the silver version is in production any more. Even B&H doesn't have it so I hate to say that your best best would be to look for a used copy here on the Marketplace.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
Well, there seems to quite a lot of them for sale on Amazon.com.

And I would only buy a new item, not a used one.
02-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Pentax Australia still list that lens in their online store

https://www.pentax.com.au/product/pentax-fa-smc-31mm-f18-limited-lens-silver

02-05-2014, 09:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Order it from Amazon two days before you check-in at your hotel. Have it shipped to your hotel two-day addressed to GUEST: YOUR NAME and the hotel will hold it for you until you check in. I did that the whole time I traveled around Hawaii and Japan with five boxes of camera gear. I've send confidential work documents to people in L.A. that way so they can travel and give me an extra six hours to polish a presentation and have never had an issue. Amazon uses tracking, so you'd have confirmation and signature evidence, if you wanted it.
02-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Moved to proper forum. Please note: the General Talk section is for non photography topics only.
02-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #7

Original Poster
There is the possibility of buying at Amazon and using their Amazon Locker service, I guess....?
02-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I live just outside of LA city limits - good luck finding a Pentax carrying store. Closest you'll find is Samys. Samy's Camera - Photography, Digital Cameras, Video, Audio

02-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by formercanuck Quote
I live just outside of LA city limits - good luck finding a Pentax carrying store. Closest you'll find is Samys. Samy's Camera - Photography, Digital Cameras, Video, Audio
Their prices suck. Better to buy from B&H or Adorama.
03-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #10

Photos: Albums
I don't know if you've come here yet but Amazon is a great option. I live in Los Angeles and I still haven't found a decent Pentax dealer here. "Not saying there aren't any!" I've ordered from Amazon quite a bit and if they have the lens at their warehouse in Arizona (about a 5 hour car drive) it will be shipped with On-Trac and be in LA within 2 or 3 days usually. Sometimes quicker, sometimes slower. The driver has actually called my cellphone and met me away from home on a couple of occasions. But that is only the On-Trac driver. Hope this helps.
03-14-2014, 10:04 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Your best luck on LA will be Craigslist or the weekly Photo swap meet. Sammy's doesn't stock anything Pentax - its web only, and their selection/prices aren't that great.