02-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nothing more to add here...

Steve
02-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Heheheh... I um..... hehehehehe. That's the 1st time I've genuinely chuckled at his more recent foray into "ridiculousness > reviewiness"
02-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh, that guy, I just love watching his videos. He's such a hoot and you actually learn a lot with him. This is a recent one too, for newbies, and it made me chuckle.

02-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Well he's a clown alright, I guess you could liken them to TopGear? I really can't understand how his antics actually help sell gear - I'd not trust his opinion about anything. The vids are mildly entertaining from a juvenile point of view but I'd prefer DR to be a little more respectful of gear and serious. Still, I suppose we have Chris, Jordan and Ed for that
02-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Chris & Jordan are awesome. Props to blunty as well.
02-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Yes, of course - Blunty too (even his rants are better than watching DR).
BTW: What's this thread doing in a Pentax SLR Lens Discussion?

02-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Because Pentax sells their camera with a basic 18-55 kit lens, just like everybody else?
02-12-2014, 11:50 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

I genuinely can't remember where my kit lens went... Dunno if I sold it, gave it away or sent it to boarding school. I just don't know.
02-13-2014, 12:08 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Kai is Kai and whether people like him or not he doesn't try to hide the fact that it's entertaining rather than a serious channel. Though they sometimes give some really good advice.

Blunty seems to have some serious anger issues though. He blocked me on twitter after I asked what camera he used for a pic. Apparently he had tagged it with "#iphonography" but I didn't see the tags. I got an angry message with loads of profanities calling me me a moron, stupid and worse och then suddenly I was blocked. Apparently it's pretty common standards from his side and I don't have any respect left for that guy.
02-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Kai is Kai and whether people like him or not he doesn't try to hide the fact that it's entertaining rather than a serious channel. Though they sometimes give some really good advice.

Blunty seems to have some serious anger issues though. He blocked me on twitter after I asked what camera he used for a pic. Apparently he had tagged it with "#iphonography" but I didn't see the tags. I got an angry message with loads of profanities calling me me a moron, stupid and worse och then suddenly I was blocked. Apparently it's pretty common standards from his side and I don't have any respect left for that guy.
Well that's just bizarre. (Another reason for me to continue to avoid twitter though.)
02-13-2014, 09:30 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm wondering where Alamby has gone to?
I think Kai is slipping a bit, although I am still a *fan*.
02-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
I genuinely can't remember where my kit lens went... Dunno if I sold it, gave it away or sent it to boarding school. I just don't know.
Well I know where mine is going

Or, I might stick with it for the sole reason that I need a lens on our yearly trips to the beach, and I don't want to get sand or salt on my other lenses.