Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #1

Super Tak 50mm Case?

I recent have acquired one of these fantastic Super Tak 50mm lenses.

However, try as I might I have not been able to find an original case for it? :/

Are there any of the original leather cases still out there in the wild or perhaps even a suitable hard / leather case equivalent?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

02-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

You might try KEH.com. When they take in vintage lenses, they usually sell the caps, cases, and hoods separate. I just checked their site and there is currently no stock, but they get new stuff in regularly. Another source might be Pacific Rim Camera.

Steve
02-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I have one for the 8 element version. It is green inside.
02-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You might try a sock.

02-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I checked the collection. I have 7 Tak hard cases, one of which is missing it's top. None say anything other than Takumar and f number, and focal length.

The other green lined case is Takumar 4/100. No 'f' 'mm' 'macro' or 'bellows'

None say SMC or super multi coated.
02-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have one of those with caps and case and it does list which lens on it stamped into the leather. Honestly I only have it because I figure if I ever do sell the lens to a collector it might be worth it to have it but I don't store my lenses in them. All my lenses are in dry boxes with desiccant. I've read those old cases can harbor lens critters and I'm just way too paranoid after losing quite a few lenses stored in two infected canvas type camera bags last year. All the lenses I have left I'm guarding like they're made of gold, shrug. I will never leave one in a regular camera bag for long now, even with desiccant. If I am not actively using a lens it gets stored properly in the dry boxes. I even have my ready to shoot Oly in it's own dry box loaded and primed when I am not using it. I grab it only when I need it to shoot at home or to go out my door. Otherwise it stays in the dry kit. It's cool to have the original cases but I would not store my lenses in them.