Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #46
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Nice shots! I love my 35 Macro Ltd.
Most kind - it seems amazing thus far. Very happy that I got it!

02-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #47

Congratulations. I went through the same thought process as you, and also decided on the 35mm macro. I just received my lens. Although I have not had much time to use, it, I am really enjoying it so far.
02-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Woolcott Quote
Most kind - it seems amazing thus far. Very happy that I got it!
Kenntak, I use my 35 as my "exploring" and walk-about lens as well. It produces stunning landscapes, with colors rivaling the 15mm and 21mm Ltds, but with a bit more reach. I also use my 70 Ltd as short landscape as well as a portrait lens. Love them all.

IMO you are now a "goner", with all the Limiteds on your short horizon! The 35 will do that to us.
02-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #49
Forum Member

Original Poster
Kenntak, I use my 35 as my "exploring" and walk-about lens as well. It produces stunning landscapes, with colors rivaling the 15mm and 21mm Ltds, but with a bit more reach. I also use my 70 Ltd as short landscape as well as a portrait lens. Love them all.

IMO you are now a "goner", with all the Limiteds on your short horizon! The 35 will do that to us.
Yeah, I can definitely see things ending that way. I think the biggest problem is going to be prioritising which comes next...

02-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #50

I am afraid that seems to be true. I took a few pictures with the lens and compared it very quickly to my kit lens. The richness of the colors with the 35mm macro immediately jumped out at me--I did not expect that. The macro capability is a lot of fun, but as Woolcott indicates, it is also great for street photography. 35mm is one of my favorite focal lengths, and this lens is so versatile. It is a pleasure to use. Did I mention the build quality yet . . .
02-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #51
Veteran Member

No need to mention "build quality." All who own this lens are in love with the BQ. All the Limiteds are precision lenses with outrageously wonderful physical traits. Think of Cindy Crawford, transformed into a Pentax camera lens. There are no imperfections that I have ever found.
02-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn you all - this thread has made me think about buying the DA 35 limited macro. I never thought I wanted or needed it since I have DA 40 and FA 35 but this thread has started the LBA wheels turning in my head...

02-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Damn you all - this thread has made me think about buying the DA 35 limited macro. I never thought I wanted or needed it since I have DA 40 and FA 35 but this thread has started the LBA wheels turning in my head...
Buy the lens. You will love it. The 35 macro is my second favorite lens. After the 15mm Ltd. two lenses for magic!
02-27-2014, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Gotcha! I have the DA 40 mm limited and could not hold back on getting the 35 macro during B&H black friday sale. Best Lens purchase I made. If I could keep only one lens the 35 macro would be it. It has it all, sharpness, compact macro, normal, best build of the limiteds, I could go on.
02-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by Woolcott Quote
So, having put a few pennies I found down the back of various sofas together, I have enough to get either one of these lenses used from a local camera shop.

I know that it's comparing apples and oranges, but which do we reckon gives the most bang for the buck? I mainly use my 50mm 1.7 when I'm out and about, and whilst I love that lens, I think it's high time something came along to challenge its place in my affections.

Whilst I have no particular need for macro, it's something I would love to give a try. Given that most of my photography at the moment is either street or concert-based though, I feel that the 70mm may be more useful for what I currently do.

What would people recommend in terms of wow factor and happiness with cost?

(FWIW I'm looking at about £290/$485 for either)
I have both lenses and prefer the 70/2.4 Both are excellent, but my sense is that the 70 is a bit sharper and in any event seems to better fit my sort of work.

Regards
02-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #56
Veteran Member

My 70mm Ltd is a love. Sometimes it is a hard choice whether to mount the 35 Ltd or the 70 Ltd. and when that dilemma is not resolved, I opt for the 15 Ltd and trust in pixie dust.