Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #31

Oh, by the way, guarantee on Pentax lenses when you buy from Slovakia and you live in another EU country: anybody who knows how that would work out in case it's needed?

03-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote
Oh, by the way, guarantee on Pentax lenses when you buy from Slovakia and you live in another EU country: anybody who knows how that would work out in case it's needed?
maybe they use the Pentax European warranty, directly with German HQ. But I'm not sure
03-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #33

Ok, next time somebody get a chance to talk to a rep from the Japanese HQ maybe will he please ask about his view on the currency exchange rate - compared to Euro the Yen have been going consistently downhill for a couple of years now, so stuff from Japan ought to get cheaper, not more expensive. Unfortunately, I believe Pentax relies on the fact that a lot us, me included, don't want to change brand if it is not necessary.
03-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Ok, next time somebody get a chance to talk to a rep from the Japanese HQ maybe will he please ask about his view on the currency exchange rate - compared to Euro the Yen have been going consistently downhill for a couple of years now, so stuff from Japan ought to get cheaper, not more expensive. Unfortunately, I believe Pentax relies on the fact that a lot us, me included, don't want to change brand if it is not necessary.
that would be nice, the only problem are customs

who would like to add Japan to the EU? anyone?

03-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #35
Veteran Member

I haven't noticed any increases here in Finland recently, we have some of the highest prices thanks to 24% VAT. I just checked the DA* 300/4 at one of my usual online shops and it's currently 1170€, I believe the price has been pretty stable.

I did just pick up a DA* 16-50/2.8 this week for 849€ on sale (-12%), which with the US dollar conversion comes out to over $100 cheaper than B+H sells it for in the US... which is strange. We are almost always much higher than US prices, usually on the order of 20-30% more.
03-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by cbope Quote
I haven't noticed any increases here in Finland recently, we have some of the highest prices thanks to 24% VAT. I just checked the DA* 300/4 at one of my usual online shops and it's currently 1170€, I believe the price has been pretty stable.

I did just pick up a DA* 16-50/2.8 this week for 849€ on sale (-12%), which with the US dollar conversion comes out to over $100 cheaper than B+H sells it for in the US... which is strange. We are almost always much higher than US prices, usually on the order of 20-30% more.
that was a good deal for the da*16-50, some european stores are rising it to 1200€, go figure
03-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #37

Not to derail this thread, but I've noticed there are quite some Dutch people in this thread. Where do you buy your lenses? I'm having a very hard time finding stores that stock Pentax at somewhat reasonable prices...
03-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cbope Quote

On the other side of the world, I see now that Australian local sellers are shipping most Pentax lenses at lower prices than the major US stores like B&H and Adorama. What is more interesting is that the Australian currency is now lower than it has been for the past few years against the US dollar, and that the local Pentax lens prices are now lower than they were then. The local prices are even lower if you include shipping from the US and discount our 10% Goods & Services Tax.

03-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ArnoVanLumig Quote
Not to derail this thread, but I've noticed there are quite some Dutch people in this thread. Where do you buy your lenses? I'm having a very hard time finding stores that stock Pentax at somewhat reasonable prices...
The last lens I bought was from this store: Foto Looman - Productgroepen but I think he needs a new shipment of lenses because al lot of them are sold out. But he is consistently undercutting the big stores on regular bases.
03-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #40
Veteran Member

I would seriously consider the Slovakian dealer I discovered recently, lowest prices I have seen on Pentax gear in Europe. My recently purchased DA* is 190€ less there. Http://www.Pentax.sk
03-31-2014, 02:58 AM - 1 Like   #41

QuoteOriginally posted by Lokusart Quote
maybe they use the Pentax European warranty, directly with German HQ. But I'm not sure
OK, found out, I have to use the Swedish office. Thank you.
03-31-2014, 03:52 AM   #42

OK, found out, I have to use the Swedish office. Thank you.
nice to know, thanks for sharing!
03-31-2014, 09:00 AM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by OJGoreng Quote
FWIW, yesterday my new DA* 300mm arrived from Slovakia. I cannot say enough nice things about Exapro; that's prime service right there
Also ordering lenses at the Slovakian dealer. May I ask how the payment was done in your case?
03-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #44

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Also ordering lenses at the Slovakian dealer. May I ask how the payment was done in your case?
Sure. A simple European bank transfer, painless operation, not any different than if I were to buy something from a local webshop. Their salesperson Beαta promptly answered all questions (in perfect English, don't be deterred by the Slovakian-only website) and was very helpful throughout the process.