Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2014, 07:04 PM - 2 Likes   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by nicoprod Quote
UPDATE: The authorized Pentax service center sent Mack Camera a picture of the impact damage. see attached picture. Mack does not have any documentation showing that the lens was already damaged when they received it at their facility. Something happened along the way... Anyways Mack is offering to pay for repair. My only worry at this point is that obviously the lens has been dropped and now it's being repaired for something totally different. Plus Eric from Mack told me Pentax takes for ever to repair...

I have to admit that Mack Camera has been very good since I first complained. They are handling the situation properly so far.
Hi! My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Experience Supervisor for Mack Worldwide Warranty. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Eric has informed me that he has approved the estimate with Pentax today. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience thus far. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. I can be reached via email at helpdesk@mackcam.com.

02-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Desiree Quote
Hi! My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Experience Supervisor for Mack Worldwide Warranty. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Eric has informed me that he has approved the estimate with Pentax today. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience thus far. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. I can be reached via email at helpdesk@mackcam.com.
I gotta admit, I like to see customer reps come onto forums to help out/provide an outlet for customers.
02-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Desiree Quote
Wow! Did I just read what I think I read? Score +1 for Mack....

02-24-2014, 03:49 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Inactive Account

Glad the outcome looks good!

But the whole thing gives me comfort that when I am 'putting up' with my manual focus M42s, I will likely never have to send them into repair - even for another 40 years...

No motors, no problems.

Yes - you can call me a Luddite..

04-08-2014, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Today 4/8/2014 I got the lens back from Mack Camera and everything has been repaired including the impact damage that occurred under their watch. The lens performs well so far. It took 10 weeks mostly because of a back order at the Pentax repair center.

Overall I'm satisfied with Mack Camera because they didn't argue very long regarding the impact damage and did the job. Pentax however should have a faster repair center.
04-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #21

From fiasco to PR triumph. Sincerely, good job Desiree and Mack Camera!
04-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Back in 2009 I bought a used projector on eBay (a Panasonic PT-AX100U) for $400 and the previous owner had bought a Mack extended warranty, which I was able to transfer into my name. If I recall, Mack charges a small fee for transfer of the warranty ($15?) but they agreed to waive it when I asked. Shortly thereafter I discovered that the projector had a problem with part of the screen being discolored. When I sent it into Mack, they determined that it was not worth repairing, and they issued me a check for $1000 to cover the cost of the replacement model (PT-AX200U).

Needless to say, I was extremely impressed, and ever since then I've been sharing my experience whenever I see people discussing Mack warranties.

After my good experience with the projector, I have purchased Mack warranties from some of my lenses. The Mack warranty prices are generally very reasonable, so it's not a big risk in the first place. Fortunately, I have not needed to use the warranty on any of my lenses. But then again, I don't own any Pentax lenses.