Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
My phoenix 100-400mm lens (I actually do not have it any longer).... Both are worthy of the wall....
I agree. Had that lens to: by far my worst lens ever. I couldn't make any sharp photos with it...

04-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have only had 1 lens I would place in the "throw against the wall" category.
Pentax FAJ 75-300.

I know there may be many out there that will disagree, but IMHO this lens is a total dead loss. Rubbish quality at anything above 200mm.
I quickly disposed of it , I suppose, IMO to somebody who would become equally disillusioned with it.
(Yes, I did spell out the faults at time of sale).
04-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Lucky me, I've never had to throw any lens against a wall. I usually cut those suckers open , salvage parts that I need for my mount conversion. Then I close them up, and let them be my paper weight, servitude for life .
04-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have to through my vote in for the FA 28-80 Power Zoom edition. It could just be the abuse that my sample has taken (purchased second hand) but it's soft enough to sleep on at night. If it's still in 80% of original condition I would be really, really surprised. Regardless, after testing it I think this one is going on the shelf (or into the wall).

04-17-2008, 10:58 PM   #35
Inactive Account

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD?

I'd through pretty much every Sigma ever made.

A few Leica Summicrons, just to make those Leicaphiles cry.

One of those big, forty-elements-in-thirty-groups-with-every-second-element-a-flint-element grey Canyon L lenses that weigh six kilos and have a zoom range from only 28-50.

Not a lens, but I'd through every Canyon owner's camera who's permenantly "modified" a Pentax lens to fit on their EOS mount against the wall.

Preferably while the strap was still around their neck.
04-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD?

I'd through pretty much every Sigma ever made.

A few Leica Summicrons, just to make those Leicaphiles cry.

One of those big, forty-elements-in-thirty-groups-with-every-second-element-a-flint-element grey Canyon L lenses that weigh six kilos and have a zoom range from only 28-50.

Not a lens, but I'd through every Canyon owner's camera who's permenantly "modified" a Pentax lens to fit on their EOS mount against the wall.

Preferably while the strap was still around their neck.
I sense some hostility here...
04-18-2008, 05:21 AM   #37
Not Registered

Update

Phoenix 100-400 (crappiness-humanitarian) 2
Pentax FA28-80 power-zoom (crappy-built-frustration-humanitarian)2
Zeiss Vario Sonnar 80-200 f4 (frustration)
Pentax DA*16-50 (frustration)
Pentax FA28-80 (crappiness-humanitarian)
Pentax FA35-80 (crappiness-humanitarian)
Tamron adaptall SP28-135 (to check built quality)
Canon 350D Kit lens. I think that it should be the 18-55 mkI (crappiness-humanitarian)
Sigma 28-300 Super-zoom (crappiness-humanitarian)
Pentax FAJ 75-300 (crappiness-humanitarian)

Non-detailed model
IX nikkor lenses (potentially useless)
Leica summicrons, Canon Ls on the 28-50 range and every sigma ever made(sigh)
Cheap mirror 500 f8 (crappiness-humanitarian)

Misc
Sony Vaio computer
Canon users (I am looking for a helmet now)
Zenit camera (to check built quality)

There are a couple of lenses that they are leading the pack!!!
04-18-2008, 07:52 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Let me know what you have there reeftool, Theres a small chance that I can get you something for them.
I know of someone whom was planning on modifying those things to fit a Sigma body. It might not work though
I have the 24-70 and the 60-180 IX-Nikkors. They will fit on most Nikon bodies but the mount extends inside the body too much and the mirror will hit the rear of the lens. I've been told that if you grind about 1/16 in off with a Dremel tool they will work in a Nikon digital but i'm not going to buy a Nikon body to try it out. Too bad really because the camera took great pics when it worked but I spent more getting it fixed than I spent on everything to begin with. I don't know what they are worth.