Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #1

Vivitar 105mm F2.5 Get stuck On My Pentax K5-IIS Help Please ?

Hello to all,
I bought a use Vivitar 105 f2.5 macro len from Ebay.
I put it on My K- 5iis ,It did not Read A on the camera .Take few pictures Now I Can Not take it off from my K-5iis to return to the Seller.
There is something was not normal with this len.Please tell me how to remove it from my Camera.
Thanks,
steve

02-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Sounds like a Ricoh lens Here's a link to a recent discussion of it -> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-pentax-beginners-corner-q/249673-can-i...lenses-k5.html
02-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by miltona580 Quote
Sounds like a Ricoh lens Here's a link to a recent discussion of it -> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-pentax-beginners-corner-q/249673-can-i...lenses-k5.html
Thanks,
This Vivitar 105mm F2.5 is a KA mount.But when I put on camera it did not Read the A position.Now It get Stuck I do not know what to do.Can someone help Please,
Do I need to send it out for len to remove from my Camera ?.
thanks,
steve
02-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #4
Forum Member

Is it this one? Vivitar Series 1 105mm f2.5 Macro Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

02-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hello Aaronjamesgray,
Yes that is the Len. It is a PKA Mount.It has A seting on the Len.I don't know why it got stuck.It can not remove from My K 5iis.I had to put some pressure but it still got stuck.
Thanks,
steve
02-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Sounds like a Ricoh pin. Don't force it, you'll break the mount on your camera. I think you'll need to take it to a camera repair shop, who may be able to remove it.
02-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #7
Forum Member

I don't think it's a Ricoh pin. I've never seen the lens in person but there's a lot of reviews by people that are using DSLRs. At least one of the reviewers on the Pentax Forum review site mentioned using his K-5. He never said anything about a Ricoh pin.
02-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I think that lens has a "Ricoh button" -- just a normal spring-loaded contact like the rest. Or nothing -- I've never seen one with a pin and I've had several pass through my hands. And the thing about it not being in A postion is not important either in terms of it getting stuck, unless it actually isn't really a Pentax mount -- it doesn't say "K/AR" on it does it? (That would be a Konica mount). So I can only think the mount is bent or something.

And so it is stuck how? If you hit the lens release button -- does the button even go down? If so, when you press it and attempt to rotate the lens off, it doesn't move at all or it moves a little bit but won't release or what?

Can you take a couple pictures of it with your phone or something?

02-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaronjamesgray Quote
I don't think it's a Ricoh pin. I've never seen the lens in person but there's a lot of reviews by people that are using DSLRs. At least one of the reviewers on the Pentax Forum review site mentioned using his K-5. He never said anything about a Ricoh pin.
Thanks,
I find out the Aperture Ring move freely without press the pin.That why the K5iis did not read the Aperture . I have to input the len side as manual Len.
I contact Seller at ebay.I put the len in wrong camera.
steve
02-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #10
Site Supporter

stevewong, we are talking about a different pin, not the pin used to move the aperture ring.

Is the red colored dot on the lens aligned with the top of the camera, or does it appear offset to one side?

Please post a picture of the lens mounted on the camera body, so we can see for ourselves.
02-27-2014, 06:51 PM   #11

Original Poster
Thanks all of you for your helps.
I move it a little then move it back and forward ,finnaly it it came lose and I able to get the Vivitar 105mm F2.5 macro len out from my K5-iis.
I looked at the rear mount and found The APERTURE Level bent. It did not move at all..
I will send it back to the Seller .It cost $ 240.00 for the len and $ 12.00 FOR shipping.It was the problem with the len , I did not look it well,before I installed it on my K-5iis.
Next times I will be sure to check the Aperture level move ,before I mount it to my Camera. Live and learn new thing every day.
steve
02-27-2014, 07:57 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevewong Quote
Thanks all of you for your helps.
I move it a little then move it back and forward ,finnaly it it came lose and I able to get the Vivitar 105mm F2.5 macro len out from my K5-iis.
I looked at the rear mount and found The APERTURE Level bent. It did not move at all..
I will send it back to the Seller .It cost $ 240.00 for the len and $ 12.00 FOR shipping.It was the problem with the len , I did not look it well,before I installed it on my K-5iis.
Next times I will be sure to check the Aperture level move ,before I mount it to my Camera. Live and learn new thing every day.
steve
I'm glad you figured it out.

Next time you get one you may not want to take it off your camera much anyway. It's an awfully good lens. The only thing that persuaded me to sell mine was that I was able to sell all my 100ish macros (except for the Cosina 100/3.5, which was too good of a value to sell) and get the Pentax D FA 100 WR. It's smaller, lighter, more versatile, and better at non-macro focal lengths - therefore I can take it with me more often. But it doesn't really take better macro photos than my Vivitar Series 1 105/2.5 did. Few lenses do.