Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2014, 06:29 AM   #16
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
I went ahead a started a thread in the Price Watch section (pending approval). Maybe the original one was moved since it wasn't live yet when originally posted......

03-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #17
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,797
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I went ahead a started a thread in the Price Watch section (pending approval). Maybe the original one was moved since it wasn't live yet when originally posted......
Thanks Stan.
03-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #18
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, CA
Posts: 1,086
Must resist urge to get the DA* 55

Yikes that is a good price. I've gone 6 years without a dedicated portrait lens.....and any lens faster that f2.4......hmmm. So tempting.

Last edited by Dice; 03-03-2014 at 01:38 PM.
03-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #19
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by Dice Quote
Yikes that is a good price. I've gone 6 years without a dedicated portrait lens.....and any lens faster that f2.8......hmmm. So tempting.
So tempting is right.....

I had in the back of my mind to slowly save for a DA* 16-50 for the next Black Friday deals, and here it comes with similar prices in March! On man...........

03-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #20
Pentaxian
Driline's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: IOWA Where the Tall Corn Grows
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,973
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
So tempting is right.....

I had in the back of my mind to slowly save for a DA* 16-50 for the next Black Friday deals, and here it comes with similar prices in March! On man...........
You NEED that lens. I just bought mine off of ebay from Henry's of Canada and couldn't be happier. The FA 31 will have to wait......or maybe I won't miss it.....naw
03-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #21
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
You NEED that lens. I just bought mine off of ebay from Henry's of Canada and couldn't be happier. The FA 31 will have to wait......or maybe I won't miss it.....naw
Ok - now you are tilting my need/want scale to the need side.......

I had a 16-50 some time back - ended up selling it to fund another purchase. Now that I have settled down to my almost perfect kit, my only hole is in that range.

DA 10-17
DA 12-24

DFA 50 macro
DFA 100 macro WR
DA* 60-250
DA* 300
03-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #22
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 885
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Ok - now you are tilting my need/want scale to the need side.......

I had a 16-50 some time back - ended up selling it to fund another purchase. Now that I have settled down to my almost perfect kit, my only hole is in that range.

DA 10-17
DA 12-24

DFA 50 macro
DFA 100 macro WR
DA* 60-250
DA* 300
sounds your are missing fast lens?
03-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #23
Pentaxian
Driline's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: IOWA Where the Tall Corn Grows
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,973
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Ok - now you are tilting my need/want scale to the need side.......

I had a 16-50 some time back - ended up selling it to fund another purchase. Now that I have settled down to my almost perfect kit, my only hole is in that range.

DA 10-17
DA 12-24

DFA 50 macro
DFA 100 macro WR
DA* 60-250
DA* 300
Don't you remember the great deep color and contrast this lens offers? You won't see that kind IQ in a cheap Tamron or yellowish tinted Sigma

03-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #24
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
sounds your are missing fast lens?
Don't know - never needed anything that fast. When you get 300mm+ and fast together means big bucks!

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Don't you remember the great deep color and contrast this lens offers? You won't see that kind IQ in a cheap Tamron or yellowish tinted Sigma
Yes I do! My DA* lenses have really spoiled me as with the rest with the great Pentax rendering. And I've also been the Tamron/Sigma route and agree with you on that. This is why I was saving up for the 16-50 - this sale just caught me by surprise money wise - was expecting to have to wait until the end of November. Will have to see if I can pull something out of the hat before the end of Wednesday........
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adorama, email, k-mount, lenses, pentax, pentax deals, pentax lens, pentax lenses, post, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Save up to 30% on Pentax lenses at Adorama (ENDS 10/31) Adam Pentax Price Watch 3 10-30-2013 02:18 PM
Save up to $150 on Pentax DA limiteds at Adorama Adam Pentax Price Watch 35 10-22-2013 03:53 PM
Adorama Banner Headline - Up to 20% off Pentax Docrwm Pentax Price Watch 5 05-15-2013 05:46 PM
Up to 60% off Pentax lenses at Adorama (BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL) Adam Pentax Price Watch 11 11-24-2012 09:22 PM
Up to 60% off Pentax lenses at B&H (BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL) Adam Pentax Price Watch 14 11-23-2012 02:08 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top