Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sigma 500mm cropped or sigma and tamron 1.4 tekeconverters

can you tell the difference....k3 with sigma 500mm which was either cropped, with sigma 1.4 ex dg or tamron -f 1.4 pz-af...all autofocus..the first day i fought the light..the second wasn't ideal and will want to repeat when i can get my iso down but this gives you an idea of how the adpater looks with the sigma 500..you can probably see the difference but i actually was a little surprised at what i saw

day 2

03-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How did you get the squirrels to stay in one place while you changed TCs?

Looking at the first set, the second shot is somewhat more magnified than the others. It also has a distinctly greener color cast, and seems to have higher contrast although that's hard to say in the slightly different light. It looks a tad over-sharpened to my eye. Anyway, my guess is that #2 is the lens alone.
03-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
How did you get the squirrels to stay in one place while you changed TCs?

Looking at the first set, the second shot is somewhat more magnified than the others. It also has a distinctly greener color cast, and seems to have higher contrast although that's hard to say in the slightly different light. It looks a tad over-sharpened to my eye. Anyway, my guess is that #2 is the lens alone.
I have a hard time seeing the difference - I do see the color cast but it I would guess a Photoshop curves adjustment layer would get rid of that. So, color shade aside, does that mean cropping is as good as a TC?