03-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't understand the question.

03-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Ok....ok..... you have all been very convincing!.............order just placed ......two days and it will be in my hands!

What team work!
03-04-2014, 01:07 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by oxidized Quote
I doubt the new ones will be as great. They will likely round the aperture blades on them just like they did with the 15mm. Right now the 31mm has fantastic starburst effects bcs of the non rounded blades. Go for it!!
Oh, dear. Now I'm in trouble: the FA 31mm will be redesigned later this year??? I didn't know - and do we really know how this will affect My Precious? Buy now - or wait for one with for instance WR? - which IMHO is the only thing there seems to be missing on this gem.

(This issue deserves it's own thread, so I'll make one)
03-04-2014, 01:48 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote
Oh, dear. Now I'm in trouble: the FA 31mm will be redesigned later this year??? I didn't know - and do we really know how this will affect My Precious? Buy now - or wait for one with for instance WR? - which IMHO is the only thing there seems to be missing on this gem.

(This issue deserves it's own thread, so I'll make one)
General consensus on this forum is that the redesign will be as per the DA's.......ie new HD coating and minor cosmetic updates (red ring, branding etc). The only major wild card is the aperture blades (where updated to rounded on the DA's). Since the Bokeh is soo good on the FA's already it will be interesting to see what Ricoh do. My personal belief is that the DA's and probally the FA's where being optimised/updated for Branding and Marketing reasons along with production "optimisation".

Of course, those with an optimistic outlook send "white light/postive karma" to Ricoh for WR, Quick shift and in lens focusing..... oh year....and a real price reduction whilst maintaing or bettering the existing IQ.

There's a whole other post discussing this.

I decided to commit to what has been and enjoy it now!

03-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #20
Forum Member

Good thread timing. I'm also keeping my sights set on an FA 31. I'd normally buy from the US but the exchange rate is pretty poor right now and I'm crossing my fingers something Canadian will show up first.

Then I get all confused over whether it really will be worth it, if I should, but the choir sings its praises of the 31 and back to hunting I go!
03-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #21
Banned

Well you can make great images with the FA31mm, so I would vote for a yes.
03-07-2014, 04:52 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
All done now……it arrived today…..wife didn't notice so I'm still breathing!

03-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Hahhahaha. SHHHHHHHH
03-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
.wife didn't notice so I'm still breathing!
Just go make a beautiful picture with it, then hand it to her printed, framed and wrapped while you confess.
03-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Just go make a beautiful picture with it, then hand it to her printed, framed and wrapped while you confess.
or not, I'm in the NOT camp on LBA
03-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Does anybody else hand around outside to meet the Parcel delivery guy?
03-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Too funny...

I would NEVER be able to hide a 1000 dollar lens purchase from my wife...

Anyway, congrats on the lens, you haven't told us yet how you like it, and you need to post pictures
03-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #28

Photos: Albums
Well, I feel sorry for you. You've got a wonderful bit of gear, yet can't use it.

I was close to being in that situation, until one day I asked SWMBO "I'd like an SLR for Christmas." To which se replied, in that off-hand not-really-serious manner that only women can do, "You can go and get whatever you want." So when I showed up with shiny new kit in hand and she questioned me on it, I couldn't help but retort back with "You said I could get whatever I wanted, so I got what I wanted."

A rare victory, indeed.
03-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #29
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Am I missing anything or should I just go for it?
With all due respect, what a daft question to ask in place like this...

You mean your not already using it.