Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2008, 05:19 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cameralensrentals Quote
Customs and shipping expense. Is not worth it to the customer.
From my office to the University of Alberta is
End of day (5 Business Days ) FedEx International Ground® 19.39

Thats one way.
Also this mess
"Important for Customs: To prevent delays, your shipment must have the following customs documents attached: Commercial Invoice, Certificate of Origin, Shipper's Export Declaration. Additional clearance documents may also be required. "
that's why Canucks request USPS. Less hassle and lower cost to ship. The couriers are not a second faster or more trustworthy and a rip off.

04-18-2008, 05:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I was going to pipe-in but decided against - I can only imagine the investment this guy is puting in the business.
05-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #18

Pentax DA* 300 and Sigma 150-500MM added to website

Hi all,

Just letting those know that have inquired, that we have added the Sigma 150-500mm f/3-6.3 for Pentax, and the Pentax DA * 300mm f/4 have been added to our lens rental inventory.

Online Camera Lens Rental for Canon, Nikon, and PENTAX Cameras

Thank you all for great support you have given us!
05-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ilene,

I just took a look at your prices, and personally find them very affordable.
I would have never dreamed that you could rent a lens from $10.00 a week, upwards. (Pentax 50mm f/1.4 smcP-FA)

It's nice to see

05-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Wow! That looks like a really good service. I just read the rental agreement and the FAQ's. I don't any reason this won't take off. As Stu said, the rates are reasonable and there is no deposit charged when you rent. Reseller ratings are good too...
05-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #21
Veteran Member

cameralensrentals, and Ilene,

Would a Canadian living in a border town, with a US postal box be able to rent a lens from you?

That 77mm LTD is one lens I've always wanted to try, and at that price it's very hard to resist

I know there are several Canadian members all along the border in the same boat I'm in, who would love to rent from you.

I don't imagine that it would require anything more than a note from you saying that it's a rental lens for us to bring it across the border.
05-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
Wow! That looks like a really good service. I just read the rental agreement and the FAQ's. I don't any reason this won't take off. As Stu said, the rates are reasonable and there is no deposit charged when you rent. Reseller ratings are good too...
Saw this pop up on the boards a few weeks ago. First thought through my head: "WOW! This guy is gonna be quitting his day job 'cause pentaxforums.com will keep him 'in the money'!".

I wish cameralensrentals.com all the best. You guys will be rollin' in it, I'm sure.

By the way Barry, I hate you. I'm jelous.

Last edited by TourDeForce; 05-08-2008 at 09:16 PM.
05-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This guy's business investment

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
I was going to pipe-in but decided against - I can only imagine the investment this guy is puting in the business.
The recipe for a business success includes asking your customers what they want, then providing it at a service and quality level above their expectations.

Everything I have read abut Barry's company since I saw the first thread here makes me think he gets the idea. Everything I have experienced since I've owned a Pentax (1975) tells me we are a different kind of people, who are supportive and helpful, and happy when others of us succeed. I think Barry is one of us, or at least like us.

I'm traveling to Florida next month and if his policies let me travel with his lenses I'm going to rent the FA Limiteds to try them (they're on my Want List) - but also to chip in my bit of support in return for opening the Pentax line to us.

I wouldn't hesitate to ask him to stock something you believe might be desirable for this community to rent - that's what he's asking his potential customers to do - and I'd bet if he gets some expensive lens that sits on the shelf he can find another home for it pretty easily on this Forum .
05-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #24
Veteran Member

monochrome, your post suggests you thought JC intended something derogatory, but I think he was just remarking on the capital costs of gathering a whole lens collection for us to rent. I don't think any ill was intended at all.

I won't hesitate to rent from Barry either. He's got a good thing going and it will be a BOON to members of this forum who may like to test drive a lens, or just want one for a special event without the huge sticker shock.

And I still hate him. It's one of those giant, "Why didn't I think of that?!!" scenarios.
05-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TourDeForce Quote
monochrome, your post suggests you thought JC intended something derogatory, but I think he was just remarking on the capital costs of gathering a whole lens collection for us to rent. I don't think any ill was intended at all.

I won't hesitate to rent from Barry either. He's got a good thing going and it will be a BOON to members of this forum who may like to test drive a lens, or just want one for a special event without the huge sticker shock.

And I still hate him. It's one of those giant, "Why didn't I think of that?!!" scenarios.
No I wasn't being critical at all, just not thinking before I hit Submit.

Yes, now that I re-read what I wrote it does sound critical though.

I know JC is being sympathetic - what I'm suggesting is that JC (anyone on the Board) go ahead give CLR the benefit of his many years of experience and observation - his judgment - and let CLR decide what to do. The capital risk isn't really that great unless Pentax abandons the K-Mount and sticks him with dead lenses like the OM and old Canon mounts - then it would be like Bear Stearns trying to sell sub-prime loans.