Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well if you make twice a year an image wordwhile to you, then you should buy that lens.
ha ha, you got spellchecked...

03-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
If IQ is paramount, then only the 12-24s (or Sigma 8-16) are a good option. But I still like the DA15 better than any of those if the Focal Length is anywhere near what you need.
Actually that's why I've been holding off all this time...the lens road map showed a Pentax wide zoom to be expected in 2014....wanted to see what it was before pulling trigger on the DA 15mm but it might get delayed or not even be released (the 20-40mm is new but it's not wide enough...hope that wasn't it)
03-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
ha ha, you got spellchecked...
Not even, did I do it right this time?
03-04-2014, 11:40 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

The 18 in the 18-135 didn't do it for me.
The DA-21 Ltd I like for skies and clouds.
The DA-15 Ltd took over my K-3. Street, architecture, crowds, interiors, portraits with plenty of room for background (tourist shots)
So I put the DA-70 Ltd on my K-50. Now I'm out of digital bodies. Time to buy some film.

03-04-2014, 11:44 PM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Hegemon Quote
Actually that's why I've been holding off all this time...the lens road map showed a Pentax wide zoom to be expected in 2014....wanted to see what it was before pulling trigger on the DA 15mm but it might get delayed or not even be released (the 20-40mm is new but it's not wide enough...hope that wasn't it)
My best guess is it's a Tokina 12-28 - in any case, you should probably treat it like it is until you know better.

In other words it may be a good zoom choice, but not as good as the DA15.

It's probably not worth waiting, unless you're sure you won't put the DA15 to use anytime soon. If you buy a used DA15 you should be in good shape, because I don't expect the value to go down (possibly up) since the more expensive HD DA15 is now released (and some people don't even like it as much, because they prefer the stars created by the original DA15). So your risk in buying now and selling later is pretty low. Furthermore, Ricoh is unlikely to trump it any time soon. It has one of the best reputations of any Pentax lens, so they won't feel a need to build something else in that space. They have so many other lenses to worry about right now, with a FF likely coming out at the end of the year or so.