Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2014, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,211
Teleconverter shipped

Your Order Has Shipped
Dear Derek B Kite,

Your order xxxxxxxxx has shipped!

You will receive another email from Canada Post containing your tracking number shortly.

Thanks again for shopping at Henry's Canada!

This is for PENTAX-DA AF 1.4X AW REAR CONVERTER

Pentax Canada has their act together. I think I can speak for all Canadians, we are soooo used to being second rate minor market last to get anything.

03-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
How much $ ?
03-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Posts: 691
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Your Order Has Shipped
Dear Derek B Kite,

Your order xxxxxxxxx has shipped!

You will receive another email from Canada Post containing your tracking number shortly.

Thanks again for shopping at Henry's Canada!

This is for PENTAX-DA AF 1.4X AW REAR CONVERTER

Pentax Canada has their act together. I think I can speak for all Canadians, we are soooo used to being second rate minor market last to get anything.
Hot Dog!! Happy for you Derek
Can't wait to hear how it works with your long lenses especially the DA*300mm
03-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior Member
Serpiente's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 154
Yeah.. l want reviews!!

03-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian
panoguy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,281
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
This is for PENTAX-DA AF 1.4X AW REAR CONVERTER

Pentax Canada has their act together. I think I can speak for all Canadians, we are soooo used to being second rate minor market last to get anything.
No kidding! We got the K-3 before the US, and now this. I look forward to your review as well... you're the one to know what's what.
03-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,982
Derek:

Looking forward to your test(s) with this TC, especially with the DA*300/4 !!
Maybe that'll save me a much higher cost of purchasing a 500 mm lens !

Cheers.

JP

---------- Post added 03-05-14 at 02:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
How much $ ?
This is it here: PENTAX-DA AF 1.4X AW REAR CONVERTER 37962 at Henry's.
Quite a chunk of change but we will soon find out if it is worth the hefty price.

JP
03-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,314
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Snip.....

Pentax Canada has their act together. I think I can speak for all Canadians, we are soooo used to being second rate minor market last to get anything.
I can never think of an negative issue I have had with pentax canada , with perhaps one exception.

They moved! They used to be within about 5 km of my house.
03-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #8
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,211
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
No kidding! We got the K-3 before the US, and now this. I look forward to your review as well... you're the one to know what's what.
My da*300 is off for repair, probably won't have it for another month. I'll try it with what I have.

03-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
My da*300 is off for repair, probably won't have it for another month. I'll try it with what I have.
Bummer
Maybe a kind Canadian near you can let you borrow a DA*300 to test, I am probably not the only one who is keen to know AF and IQ performance of that combo
03-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #10
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,211
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Bummer
Maybe a kind Canadian near you can let you borrow a DA*300 to test, I am probably not the only one who is keen to know AF and IQ performance of that combo
A good impetus to go pester Travis.
03-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 835
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Bummer
Maybe a kind Canadian near you can let you borrow a DA*300 to test, I am probably not the only one who is keen to know AF and IQ performance of that combo
Do you know how difficult I'm finding it to not be able to afford the TC at the moment? My DA300 is just waiting to get put into use right now (I've been doing more wide angle stuff recently and not carrying around big heavy lenses).
03-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,211
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
Do you know how difficult I'm finding it to not be able to afford the TC at the moment? My DA300 is just waiting to get put into use right now (I've been doing more wide angle stuff recently and not carrying around big heavy lenses).
And everyone keeps saying Pentax is doooomed.

They come out with something every month or two that I really really want. I've bought a few of them. The 645D will be a bridge too far however.
03-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 835
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
And everyone keeps saying Pentax is doooomed.

They come out with something every month or two that I really really want. I've bought a few of them. The 645D will be a bridge too far however.
LOL. I looked at the old 645D since the price is down. Nuts, considering I can't afford the TC!

Too bad you aren't in SoCal, I'd be happy to let you try the TC with my DA300
03-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
imtheguy's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia Beach
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,950
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Bummer
Maybe a kind Canadian near you can let you borrow a DA*300 to test, I am probably not the only one who is keen to know AF and IQ performance of that combo

I can save you a little trouble to start.


Just opened my box from B&H and mounted the ice-cold 1.4x Pentax teleconverter on my da*300 and K-3. the good news is the focusing is faster than I expected and its a dream come true after wrestling with the old Pentax 1.7x for years. The not-so-sure news is the sharpness needs help. Because its almost dusk here I will cut it some slack for the slow speed and high iso to get some outdoor test shots. Also, I have NOT done the firmware upgrade and am hoping that between the new firmware and a little daylight tomorrow I can get some sharp shots. Another plus, the TC is so small and light (compared to the 1.7x) that I don't even notice it on the lens.



So here's to firmware and daylight! I will update this post later tonight if the firmware makes any noticeable change for indoor shots.
03-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #15
Senior Member
Cold Iron's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mn.
Posts: 111
My B&H order still says pending and on order, you made me go check LOL. Congrats and hope it turns out well! I'm really looking forward to trying it with my DA*300 and K-3 also.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
canada, da*300/4, jp, k-mount, pentax lens, pentax news, pentax rumors, post, shots, slr lens, stop, tc, thanks, weather
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference.. Auto Teleconverter/Teleconverter? peter oconnor Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 04-28-2013 03:11 PM
For Sale - Sold: K100D Body ($120 Shipped)SOLD, Cosmicar (A) 35-70 f/4 ($35 Shipped) zbrueningsen Sold Items 2 06-02-2012 01:47 PM
For Sale - Sold: Kiron MC7 2X Teleconverter for PK/A - $39 shipped dgaies Sold Items 2 09-28-2011 08:21 PM
For Sale - Sold: Tamron 1.4x Pz-AF MC4 Teleconverter & Quantaray 2x Teleconverter DaveInPA Sold Items 15 09-24-2009 06:28 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top