Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2014, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Teleconverter shipped

Your Order Has Shipped
Dear Derek B Kite,

Your order xxxxxxxxx has shipped!

You will receive another email from Canada Post containing your tracking number shortly.

Thanks again for shopping at Henry's Canada!

This is for PENTAX-DA AF 1.4X AW REAR CONVERTER

Pentax Canada has their act together. I think I can speak for all Canadians, we are soooo used to being second rate minor market last to get anything.

03-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
Banned

How much $ ?
03-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Your Order Has Shipped
Dear Derek B Kite,

Your order xxxxxxxxx has shipped!

You will receive another email from Canada Post containing your tracking number shortly.

Thanks again for shopping at Henry's Canada!

Pentax Canada has their act together. I think I can speak for all Canadians, we are soooo used to being second rate minor market last to get anything.
Hot Dog!! Happy for you Derek
Can't wait to hear how it works with your long lenses especially the DA*300mm
03-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #4

Yeah.. l want reviews!!

03-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

No kidding! We got the K-3 before the US, and now this. I look forward to your review as well... you're the one to know what's what.
03-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Derek:

Looking forward to your test(s) with this TC, especially with the DA*300/4 !!
Maybe that'll save me a much higher cost of purchasing a 500 mm lens !

Cheers.

JP

---------- Post added 03-05-14 at 02:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
How much $ ?
This is it here: PENTAX-DA AF 1.4X AW REAR CONVERTER 37962 at Henry's.
Quite a chunk of change but we will soon find out if it is worth the hefty price.

JP
03-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Snip.....

I can never think of an negative issue I have had with pentax canada , with perhaps one exception.

They moved! They used to be within about 5 km of my house.
03-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
No kidding! We got the K-3 before the US, and now this. I look forward to your review as well... you're the one to know what's what.
My da*300 is off for repair, probably won't have it for another month. I'll try it with what I have.

03-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member

My da*300 is off for repair, probably won't have it for another month. I'll try it with what I have.
Bummer
Maybe a kind Canadian near you can let you borrow a DA*300 to test, I am probably not the only one who is keen to know AF and IQ performance of that combo
03-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Bummer
Maybe a kind Canadian near you can let you borrow a DA*300 to test, I am probably not the only one who is keen to know AF and IQ performance of that combo
A good impetus to go pester Travis.
03-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bummer
Do you know how difficult I'm finding it to not be able to afford the TC at the moment? My DA300 is just waiting to get put into use right now (I've been doing more wide angle stuff recently and not carrying around big heavy lenses).
03-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
Do you know how difficult I'm finding it to not be able to afford the TC at the moment? My DA300 is just waiting to get put into use right now (I've been doing more wide angle stuff recently and not carrying around big heavy lenses).
And everyone keeps saying Pentax is doooomed.

They come out with something every month or two that I really really want. I've bought a few of them. The 645D will be a bridge too far however.
03-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And everyone keeps saying Pentax is doooomed.

They come out with something every month or two that I really really want. I've bought a few of them. The 645D will be a bridge too far however.
LOL. I looked at the old 645D since the price is down. Nuts, considering I can't afford the TC!

Too bad you aren't in SoCal, I'd be happy to let you try the TC with my DA300
03-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

Bummer

I can save you a little trouble to start.

Just opened my box from B&H and mounted the ice-cold 1.4x Pentax teleconverter on my da*300 and K-3. the good news is the focusing is faster than I expected and its a dream come true after wrestling with the old Pentax 1.7x for years. The not-so-sure news is the sharpness needs help. Because its almost dusk here I will cut it some slack for the slow speed and high iso to get some outdoor test shots. Also, I have NOT done the firmware upgrade and am hoping that between the new firmware and a little daylight tomorrow I can get some sharp shots. Another plus, the TC is so small and light (compared to the 1.7x) that I don't even notice it on the lens.

So here's to firmware and daylight! I will update this post later tonight if the firmware makes any noticeable change for indoor shots.
03-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #15

My B&H order still says pending and on order, you made me go check LOL. Congrats and hope it turns out well! I'm really looking forward to trying it with my DA*300 and K-3 also.