Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DigitalRev rates to 5 pancake lenses - Pentax in the list

Top 5 Pancake Lenses

Pentax DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited
Pentax do make good stuff. They make some gorgeous optics are slap a “Limited” label on some of them, which makes it sound like they don’t make many of them but in reality I’m sure there will always be more supply than demand. That’s a shame too because this 70mm pancake is a must-have for all Pentax DSLR owners. It’s one of the better performing Limited lenses and it’s built better than a great number of Canon and Nikon lenses. Sadly, it’s designed for APS-C Pentax DSLRs only so maybe the “Limited” means “limited scope”. Shame.

03-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
Forum Member

Yikes. Not sure why he thinks this lens suffers any shame.... The other lenses save the canon are designed for systems with similar "limitations".
03-06-2014, 04:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Yeah seriously. The Fuji is for APS-C and the Panasonic is for m43. And people have shot the DA40mm on FF film and I believe it worked perfectly.
03-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
i believe the 70mm also covers the entire sensor frame (as the 40mm does)

03-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
They make some gorgeous optics are slap a “Limited” label on some of them, which makes it sound like they don’t make many of them but in reality I’m sure there will always be more supply than demand.
If you've ever tried to order a Ltd then you'd know. Simple fact is, they don't always have them in stock, earlier in the year I gave up on trying to get a 15 ltd. and got the Sigma 8-16 instead after waiting a month for one to come in and having dealer after dealer tell me Pentax Canada was hoping to bring one in from another supplier somewhere in the world. but it never happened. They are called "limited" because they are still hand assembled. So, yes, there can definitely be times when supply falls behind demand, and i definitely ended up buying a Sigma lens because when I wanted one was during one of those times.
03-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by oxidized Quote
i believe the 70mm also covers the entire sensor frame (as the 40mm does)
Yes. Tested as shown here. Kai was definitely not well 'informed'
03-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I'm pretty sure he's on PF here and knowing the kind of responses that will be received, wrote that on purpose expecting a good laugh..
And i believe he really had a good laugh judging from all the comments here.. LoL!

PS: i had a good one too!