Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 46 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 04:52 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This threads subject should come with an appropriate warning!

One from my own gallery:

Just to bring some ballance to all the 18-135 jokes: It's my most used lens. My precious prime gems only come out when the conditions are acceptable. Which isn't very often in my country. So the DA 18-135 gets the most work and the worst beating. A real workhorse.

03-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Can't be unseen...
03-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Just to bring some ballance to all the 18-135 jokes: It's my most used lens. My precious prime gems only come out when the conditions are acceptable. Which isn't very often in my country. So the DA 18-135 gets the most work and the worst beating. A real workhorse.
The OP was never intended as a knock on the 18-135mm, which I think is a great lens. It was intended as a parody of some of the lens reviews in the PF gear database. This includes abusing the expression "prime lens at every focal length" and the complaints about a lens that isn't "a useful focal length [range] ", among other things.

The gear database is chock full of these ludicrous comments and unrealistic ratings. I thought it would be fun to combine some of the finer ludicrous statements and add some exaggeration in there for dramatic effect. I actually wrote that post many years ago on another forum, but thought it was time to revive it.
03-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #79
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
This threads subject should come with an appropriate warning!

One from my own gallery:

I suppose that posting pictures of the stitches I had to endure may get me m0d mAiL, possibly even a TiMe 0uT bAn. Suffice to say they are as uncomfortable as the stitches on your eYeBall.

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
The OP was never intended as a knock on the 18-135mm, which I think is a great lens. It was intended as a parody of some of the lens reviews in the PF gear database. This includes abusing the expression "prime lens at every focal length" and the complaints about a lens that isn't "a useful focal length [range] ", among other things.

The gear database is chock full of these ludicrous comments and unrealistic ratings. I thought it would be fun to combine some of the finer ludicrous statements and add some exaggeration in there for dramatic effect. I actually wrote that post many years ago on another forum, but thought it was time to revive it.
Oh come on. We know you were dead serious here.

You were, weren't you?

03-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #80
Pentaxian

This thread is dead serious. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously can't appreciate a lens so sharp, it's Chuch Norris' secret weapon.

I hear it's actually handmade by Chuck Norris himself.
03-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #81
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
This thread is dead serious. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously can't appreciate a lens so sharp, it's Chuch Norris' secret weapon.

Chuck had a birthday yesterday.

74 years young.
03-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #82
Veteran Member

The most awesome lens can occasionally get a nice shot. This is a 100% crop shot from about 75 yards. Do you see the bleeding eye on the egret?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
03-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote

I love the parody and irony. As a sarcastic person, this humor is priceless. Thanks.

And BTW! My current shots with the Most Awesome lens were poor, because the focal length choices were too limited for a zoom.
03-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
I love the parody and irony. As a sarcastic person, this humor is priceless. Thanks.

And BTW! My current shots with the Most Awesome lens were poor, because the focal length choices were too limited for a zoom.
But it has BOTH zoom settings! All-the-Way-short and all-the-way-long!
03-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #85
Pentaxian

He meant the focal lengths are too Limited for a zoom. As in, each focal length is as good as a Limited lens! Truly a lens this good must be seen to be believed. If your eyes can stand it, that is.
03-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #86
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote

Are you seriously bringing in Chuck Norris to the discussion?

Any thread in any forum that starts bringing in Chuck Norris all became instant classic...
03-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #87
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
The most awesome lens can occasionally get a nice shot. This is a 100% crop shot from about 75 yards. Do you see the bleeding eye on the egret?
It only works if the egret is holding the camera.

Steve
03-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #88
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I am a bit confused. May I now call my lens "The Most Awesome Lens", or do I have to use the far less awesome "Greatest Lens Ever"?

I vote for "Most Awesome".

Yeah, from now on it will be "my Most Awesome".
03-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One from my own gallery:
i couldn't stop laughing reading this thread, but this fixed it.
03-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #90
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drypenn Quote
Are you seriously bringing in Chuck Norris to the discussion?

Any thread in any forum that starts bringing in Chuck Norris all became instant classic...
Chuck Norris turned 74 last Monday.