Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2008, 09:10 AM   #1

I've done preliminary testing. Now what can I do about Back Focus?

I'm a newbie and I bought a FA50 f1.7 on an auction to go with my K10D. The lens has been well taken care of and I couldn't believe it was used, from the looks, anyhow. BUT, with my initial testing, I see it back focuses in AF compared to another lens I used in comparison, so I don't think it's the camera. (Could be a bit of both).

Manuual focusing worked better but not perfect. The areas that came into the actual focual point are really sharp, so I don't think the lens is faulty overall. I will test it more over the weekend to see how it works in more settings.

But my first question: Is there anything I (or even Pentax) can do about this? I hope so.

(Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. But in doing searches here, the posts I found mainly covered how to test rather than what do when there is an issue.)

Thanks for any advice.

04-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

is it only happening with this lens?

if u have firmware 1.1, there's a hack menu to adjust focus

if it's just this lens, that's gonna be tough ... if your camera and lenses are under warranty, they can adjust the focus for you, but not sure about used lenses.