Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote

but you can still use the lens by using the camera in manual mode, select your aperture, press the green button and the camera will meter. take a bit longer and sometimes is not as accurate.
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
First a link:

Or, you can put the camera in M mode. In this mode, when you hit the "green button" the K10D will stop the lens down, to the selected aperture, and take an accurate meter reading. And you're ready to release the shutter. Ideally, between each shot, you need to hit the green button before opening the shutter so the camera takes an accurate meter reading.
I don't get it ... everyone says that in M mode hit the green button and the camera will meter

Not my k10d though ... when i hit the green button, it does stop down to the selected aperture for a split second and that's it ! NO METER reading

I can only get a meter reading using the optical preview ... when turned it stops down and give a meter reading .

So what 's wrong with my green button? ... I have tried all 3 options in the Custom menu for allocating the Green button in M mode (P shift, Tv shift, Av shift) , all the same with no metering.

Is it a firmware difference here? I am still in ver 1.10.

04-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Do you have a reference on how to do this surgery?

Steve
There you go:

I modified my A50/1.4 (1 img) [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

or

Ever wanted to use AV mode on M lenses! [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Unfortunately no more images
It's pretty simple, and you're not ruining your lens in any way, and you can still use it in manual mode.
04-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by badbrother Quote
I don't get it ... everyone says that in M mode hit the green button and the camera will meter

Not my k10d though ... when i hit the green button, it does stop down to the selected aperture for a split second and that's it ! NO METER reading

I can only get a meter reading using the optical preview ... when turned it stops down and give a meter reading .

So what 's wrong with my green button? ... I have tried all 3 options in the Custom menu for allocating the Green button in M mode (P shift, Tv shift, Av shift) , all the same with no metering.

did u enable the aperture ring in the menu?
04-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
did u enable the aperture ring in the menu?
of course, otherwise i won't be able to take photos with a manual lens !

like i said, it stops down for a split second, no metering.

04-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #20

noooo
don't sell the lens
just pull the depth of field button and hold it down while you set your aperture
and the metering will show up
or at least it does for me

you may have to adjust a setting in the k10d's menu somewhere though
can't remember where it is off hand but it's something relating to aperture ring in the custom settings i think
it should work perfectly then
04-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #21
Banned

damn you for pentax for 'crippling' the mount. no big deal I guess metering really isn't difficult, just not as fast and automated.
04-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by badbrother Quote

It doesn't bring up the "meter +/- bars", the green button with the M lens stops the camera down, and sets the shutter speed acording to the program line.

If your camera is not setting your shutter speed, you might havea problem. If it is setting the shutter, that is what it is suposed to do.