Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2014, 04:30 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I have always wanted to buy FA35 and FA50 when I saw them at marketplace. I have sigma 30 and A50 1.7 at that time. However, I went straight to get the FA43 instead , knowing that I would get it in one day. It seldom leaves my camera after that and I have never regretted.

03-21-2014, 05:06 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jjdgti Quote
The FA 35mm F/2 is a great lens and untill today I was not even thinking on selling or replacing it. I was planning to keep this lens till it is taking off from my cold bare hands after I am dead. This is a perfect match for my indoor pics of my kids. I use it for portraits also. I simply love this lens.

why would you ever consider replacing a lens you love so much?

QuoteOriginally posted by jjdgti Quote
I can't afford to buy a 43mm unless I sell both of them. For this reason, the FA 50 1.4 and the other 50s that I own do not get much use. So I am thinking is any one of you have replace this two for the 43mm limited? Do I loose anything by replacing them by only one?

If you have a zoom, set it at 43mm and see how the focal length feels for you.

You could consider getting the DA40 XS for much less than the price of your FA40, or the DA40 limited for roughly the same price. These would be close to the focal length of the 43.

Regarding IQ, every test, reviewer and user agrees about the 43: it somewhat soft in the corners but carries the magic of the FA limiteds. I'm sure the images would please you, it's probably more a matter of focal length than IQ.

If you never use your 50, I'd sell it anyway and try another focal length. Maybe something in the 70mm range would nicely complement your 35? Or wider, say 21?
03-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wouldn't do it. 35 is the perfect length to take pictures of my kids. Whenever I have mine on (I have the cheaper plastic fantastic version) - I never miss a shot that I want.

I think 43 would get too tight a lot of times.

One thing you didn't mention though, is that you have a Sigma 24mm lens according to your profile. If you think you can substitute the 35 with that for shots in tighter spaces, then the 43 would make more sense.

Another thought, if you like primes better than zooms, is to sell your DA*16-50... if you sell that and get a Tammy 17-50 instead (in case you need it for a zoom for a trip or something), there's going to be money left over for that 43...

But if you connect with a lens, don't sell it. Even if you get one again in the future, it might not be just like the copy you got now.