Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
something showed up on a photo from my lens

Something showed up on my photos from my lens .does anyone have any idea what it could be . Its not showing up on photos now , it was there for about 7 photo . I post photo's but in the wrong place. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/137-photographic-industry-professionals/1...cuss-here.html

Last edited by pentaxk10duser; 03-20-2014 at 12:28 AM.
03-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like it's either flare or some sort of internal reflection. Were you using a hood?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If you are talking about the bright spot on the left side of the picture, it looks like lens flare.
Usually caused by pointing lens toward a bright light source such as the sun, or a reflection from the sun into your lens.
It is usually made worse if you do not use a lens hood or if you are using a cheap lens filter.
03-20-2014, 12:33 AM   #4

Double post,posted on the other post,it could be an out of focus bird.

03-20-2014, 12:36 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank for trying to help will you click on the link above in my first post, there a few pics on that page . I post it in the wrong place. I had on lens hood on, I was completely in the shade and the sun was behind the house and I was on the shaded side of the house . In the link above I cropped the same photo to try to zoom in and make it bigger so you could see it better.

---------- Post added 03-20-2014 at 03:40 AM ----------

monty96 I have 7 photos and its in the same place. I was changing the shutter speed and aperture starting with 2.8 and went to f 11 .and I'm not very fast at changing setting .

---------- Post added 03-20-2014 at 03:46 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
If you are talking about the bright spot on the left side of the picture, it looks like lens flare.
Usually caused by pointing lens toward a bright light source such as the sun, or a reflection from the sun into your lens.
It is usually made worse if you do not use a lens hood or if you are using a cheap lens filter.
crewl1 sorry I post 2 links I deleted one . will you look at the link thats there now . I had lens cap on and no filter no even a uv filter. I'm getting a uv filter but I don't have one yet.
03-20-2014, 02:19 AM   #6

Yeah, my guess would be a small blue bird with a flash of light reflecting off it's eye or beak possibly.
03-20-2014, 06:19 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by npridgeon Quote
Yeah, my guess would be a small blue bird with a flash of light reflecting off it's eye or beak possibly.
It looks like a bird to me, too....blurred because it was flying through the shot.
03-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Looks like it's either flare or some sort of internal reflection. Were you using a hood?
JJ Abrams would be proud.

03-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks every one and thanks crewl1 it was a reflection off of a blue golf cart about 50 yards away . I read your post and didn't think about something that was that far away could make a spot on my lens like that . I went out side and took another picture from the same spot and it was there so I focused on where the spot on the lens was and I could see something so I walked to it and there it was . When I was taking the photos I could not see any thing reflecting .I just got this lens not long ago and I was starting to panic . I though I got a bad lens but it was just me being stupid . But now I know things can reflect a long ways away. Thanks again for your help .
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
03-20-2014, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxk10duser Quote
n I was taking the photos I could not see any thing reflecting .I just got this lens not long ago and I was starting to panic . I though I got a bad lens but it was just me being stupid . But now I know things can reflect a long ways away. Thanks again for your help . Attached Images View Picture EXIF
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxk10duser Quote
Thanks every one and thanks crewl1 it was a reflection off of a blue golf cart about 50 yards away . I read your post and didn't think about something that was that far away could make a spot on my lens like that . I went out side and took another picture from the same spot and it was there so I focused on where the spot on the lens was and I could see something so I walked to it and there it was . When I was taking the photos I could not see any thing reflecting .I just got this lens not long ago and I was starting to panic . I though I got a bad lens but it was just me being stupid . But now I know things can reflect a long ways away. Thanks again for your help .
Good to hear you figured out the problem.