Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #1

Using a Pentax 50MM Type M Macro Lens question on a K200D

Hi
My wife just purchased me a K200D for my anniversary gift , which I'm tickled with.
Being budget minded, and who isn't?
I thinking of purchasing a used Pentax M Macro 50mm 1:4 lens.
I imagine it will mount on the K200D, but will require manual focus.
But will the camera's meter and auto exposure work this lens?
Any thoughts on the quality of this lens?
Any other considerations I should be aware of when using manual lenses on a Digital Pentax?

ps; if this has been discussed before please excuse me , I did a search, but did not find what I was looking for.

Thanks, a native New Englander now living in Minnesota

04-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

welcome to the forum!
it sure will, i refer everybody to K100D (Super) Pictorial guide to using manual lenses [imgs] [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

you can check the reviews in the forum for this lens, as well as the K-Mount and Screwmount equivalents
i have the M42 version, the lens is very sharp, but a bit slow does not magnify to a 1:1 ratio
04-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #3

Original Poster
thanks

thank you I appreciate your help
04-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

i forgot to mention it's NOT auto exposure because you do need to select the Aperture manually

04-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hmnmn Quote
Hi
My wife just purchased me a K200D for my anniversary gift , which I'm tickled with.
Being budget minded, and who isn't?
I thinking of purchasing a used Pentax M Macro 50mm 1:4 lens.
I imagine it will mount on the K200D, but will require manual focus.
But will the camera's meter and auto exposure work this lens?
Any thoughts on the quality of this lens?
Any other considerations I should be aware of when using manual lenses on a Digital Pentax?

ps; if this has been discussed before please excuse me , I did a search, but did not find what I was looking for.

Thanks, a native New Englander now living in Minnesota

Superb lens, I own one & love it on my K100D & K20D. Stop down metering is easy once you get the hang of it.

Here are some jpeg snapshots taken with the SMC-M 50/f4 macro (& they were taken in your adopted state!

link---> Picasa Web Albums - Jay - smc-m_50f4_macro