Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Think I goofed up buying this old Vivitar

Was going to post this in the Vivitar Lens Club area, but I only see pictures in there, so thought that might be a no-no. Picked this lens up off of ebay (am linking to an old for sale thread from our forum, as it's the exact lens described in the member's thread):

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/36-sold-items/167325-sale-sold-k-mount-vi...auto-zoom.html

Tried to mount it on my K-50, but it's a no go. Won't sit flush. I've extremely new to all of this, having only owned my K-50 for a couple of months. I've picked up a couple of other PK mount lenses, and including one that had me looking up the tutorial on how to remove the Ricoh pin, they've both fit just fine. As soon as I removed the rear cap on the Vivitar, I noticed the flange that runs around the rear mount (just like it's pictured in that for sale thread) is a lot bigger than what's on my other two PK mount lenses, running about a third of the way around the mount...so most likely interfering. I think the lens could be a lot of fun, and it's in awesome looking condition. So my question is -- am I just missing something easy here, or is there an adapter plate I need? I only paid $23 for it, so not a huge loss, but irritating regardless.

Thanks for being patient with my newness, and appreciate any help given

04-02-2014, 05:35 PM - 1 Like   #2
dms
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The rear flange is held on by 3 screws, remove them and the lens should be fine. Older film bodies are OK w/ the flange but not latest dslrs
04-02-2014, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

A subset of old Vivitars have that. Yes, just remove it. (Some people dremel off half of it, but if it will come off easily just take it off.)
04-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've old Soligor that had that problem. It can be remedied.

04-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks all -- three screws = good to go. Seems like it would be a little more likely to catch some dust now, so I think I'll take a dremel to it to combat that a bit.

Thanks again for the assist