Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #1

Problem adapting M42 to K

Hi everybody!

Hope this is posted in the right place...

You'll see, I've got some trouble with my Pentax K30 and a Yashika 50 1,7(M42 mount). I bought an adapter, which allow infinity to focus and all that stuff. It seems that fix properly but, when I set the camera in Live View mode, this is what happens:

Video - TinyPic - Alojamiento de im

It starts to shake, sometimes it also happens when shooting. I don't know why...

Please anybody help me

Ana

04-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My best guess is that the lens is somehow shorting the contacts on the lens mount. Try putting some tape over them to test the theory.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter

is that the AF? Are you switched to MF?
04-09-2014, 04:34 AM   #4

Hi anaptrson and welcome.
Maybe also try without SR being on for a start to see if there is an improvement then check the focal length setting for SR is set at 50mm. Could be set for a much longer focal length and is giving an exaggerated effect.

04-12-2014, 07:30 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
is that the AF? Are you switched to MF?
is there any af m42?
04-12-2014, 10:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter

As Hoodie states, check the Shake Reduction's focal length setting. I've had it happen that I set it wrong and it caused the same extreme shaking, but only when the SR is set to a VERY long (300+) focal length.

But, it can also be the contacts on the body, if anything is touching them. That's where the Camera gets the focal length of a lens when the lens has that info. (FA, DFA, and DA lenses do)
04-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #7

Original Poster
Solved!

Hi guys, that was it!

I turn the shake reduction off and problem solved!!

Thank you so much, I've been like a month trying to find a solution...