Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
about PF. It simply doesn't exist in film photography.
Back in the 1990's in Australia I had a collection of C41 photos taken with Pentax ME and Ricoh KR-10 with various lenses.
Some of those ordinary lenses wouldn't be highly regarded on this forum like the -M 50/2. the Tamron 70~210 and a Magnon 35~70.

Also some with a Voigtlander Vito C with a Lanther 2.8/50 which I always thought was more difficult to use but better than the Pentax K's for enlargements , but maybe that was because we tended to use it carefully and stop it down more.

When the Kodak Photo CD system came out, I selected about 200 C41 negs to be processed by Kodak onto the Kodak photo cds. We were astonished by the very good fidelity, but it was very expensive and I think it failed because consumers didn't want to pay for just fidelity.

The cds could be viewed on a computer monitor, some of the files were very large for the day, and I had a big crt monitor , also Kodak provided a cd player on to the PAL TV system and I purchased that too.

Anyway I would recall that c/a or color fringing was absent or perhaps just "not an issue" back in the day from all those digitised C41 photos.
Usual problems were missed focus or camera shake.

Now, the new "Pacific Image PrimeFilm 120 Pro Multi-Format CCD Film Scanner with 3200dpi Optical Resolution" has arrived here 2 days ago. No time to even unpack it yet !

I hope this one scans the 120 and 35 mm C41 negs with good fidelity too.

Maybe I can do some tough test photos with the same subjects and lenses on the MX, the ist ds, and the K-01 and then the Takumar 6 x 7 lenses on Ektar and Fuji 400 to check out those color artifacts.

04-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kh1234567890 Quote
That is just the RAW file data from a K-7, no demosaicing or processing done on the three RGB channels (the G2 was same as the G1). As close to what the sensor readout is as you can get.
Oh, I thought that the RAW data was after the Prime II engine did its magic (e.g. marshaling, normalization, and all that boring stuff).

Steve